Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Drag race time with the Porsche Taycan Turbo S vs the Lamborghini Aventador SV. Which is fastest? Fossil fuel or battery power? V12 or Electric?

The Porsche Taycan Turbo S can do 0 to 62 mph in just 2.8 seconds. Not bad for a family friendly saloon. The Lamborghini Aventador SV has an identical 0 to 62 time of 2.8 seconds - but this time with a 6.5 litre Naturally aspirated V12 producing 750hp. Will the Lambo's weight saving diet and far superior power to weight ratio take home the trophy for the Raging Bull, or will the future of motoring do it for battery power?

Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Holy carp, I mean you know by the numbers, but watching it is something else.

I am one of those weird people who prefers the silence...

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Nice race! But there must have been a slow start for the Lamborghini. The spec says 2.8 seconds but it took like 3.4 to 62 mph. Whatever it was it was impressive by the Porsche!

I really like driving my Taycan, but that dearly miss that V12 sweet music! ?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Nice race! But there must have been a slow start for the Lamborghini. The spec says 2.8 seconds but it took like 3.4 to 62 mph. Whatever it was it was impressive by the Porsche!

I really like driving my Taycan, but that dearly miss that V12 sweet music! ?
Well, let's just say the Italians are not known for understatements - unlike the Germans. Also it sounds like the shifting is a bit slow and the engine is bogging.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If we could only convince Porsche to provide an option to replace the electronic sport sound with the sound from a 993 Turbo (or your favorite Porsche engine), that would be an acceptable alternative to the engine sound from an Italian V12 or small block Chevy 350 or Ford Voodoo... For me that would be EV Nirvana - the only two things I miss are engine sound and the row-your-own joy of a standard transmission.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
If we could only convince Porsche to provide an option to replace the electronic sport sound with the sound from a 993 Turbo (or your favorite Porsche engine), that would be an acceptable alternative to the engine sound from an Italian V12 or small block Chevy 350 or Ford Voodoo... For me that would be EV Nirvana - the only two things I miss are engine sound and the row-your-own joy of a standard transmission.
I would be happy with having the electronic sport sound race up if you flick the accelerator while your foot is on the brake!

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would be happy with having the electronic sport sound race up if you flick the accelerator while your foot is on the brake!
It does this, well sort of, not like revving your engine at idle. At a standing idle if you put one foot on the brake and depress the accelerator fully, you engage launch control and there is a very noticeable difference in the electric sport sound, though it's not a race up in "frequency" - more of a change in the nature. For anyone deciding to test this, it's critically important to take your foot off the accelerator FIRST and not off the brake first, otherwise you might end up on the roof of a neighbor's car or worse...

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Well, let's just say the Italians are not known for understatements - unlike the Germans. Also it sounds like the shifting is a bit slow and the engine is bogging.
Yes i thought the same.

Here's one i recorded...