Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Fitting instructions from my experience.....

Cut the mesh to the size in the pictures (there was a preferable way to cut it with good scissors. It may have been diagonal?)

Feed it on from the door side. It can be bent to make it easier. Use fingers from the wheel side to help slot it into the recess right behind the fins - which could have been made for it to go into.

If the top is a bit fiddly due to it being narrower, use a pencil with an eraser to push it into place from the door side.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I don’t understand why people spend six figures on a car, then baulk at a few grand for PPF. I‘ve had it on my last three cars and now just factor it into the overall cost.

There’s a nasty scuff on my bonnet’s PPF, but I know that would be a stone chip down to the primer if not the bare metal without it.
I might be that those people buy the car for driving, rather than for showing. To those people, myself included, it's a car, not an artwork. Car will get scuffed, dirty, and yes, will have some stone chips. None of that affects how the car drives, does it?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I gave observed that cars with powered charging ports do not have vents in the wheel arch in order to protect the opening mechanism. Therefore any suggestion that blocking the vent will have a detrimental effect is simply untrue.
I don't follow the logic of "if Porsche sells the option, it will not affect efficiency or range". Porsche sells roof boxes, does it mean to you that roof boxes don't affect the efficiency or range? They sell different wheels with different tires, are you saying choice of wheels will not affect the car's efficiency or range because Porsche sells them all? Porsche sells Turbo S which costs more and has a lower rated range than RWD w/PB+, how do reconcile this in your head - Porsche sells something for a whole lot more money which has a detrimental effect on range?

In this case, Porsche sells a powered charge port which trades the benefits of powered charge port for some aerodynamics (and technically some extra weight too). 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

KV1893

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Ive had a problem with grit collecting in the vent in the area closest to the door.....I opened the door from inside and the grit got stuck between vent and door resulting in a small but deep gouge.
Sponsored