Drive a Taycan through Europe from Oslo to Malaga - Erik Windahl Olsen

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
If you read my paragraph with some humility you would have noticed that I never said that Tesla built their SC network fast but rather that the network they now have is a great resource and that with this, a current Tesla owner has very little range anxiety to worry about. This will keep on being Tesla's sales value for as long as the Legacy manufacturers and Elec providers are not up to speed with charging on long distance drives. Which means that when a customer chooses between brands the SC Network will help Tesla sales for a long or or possibly medium time forward.... for better or for worse. I am not a Tesla FAN BOY but rather a realist in the current EV landscape.

And I do drive a lot of long distances with my EVs

But Yes if you travel a the wrong times you might get caught in charging cues..... but better that then not having a charging option....... at least for now. :)
Ever since I got my wall-box installed 4 years ago, I have used a SC maybe 4 times. The SC Network is not a purchase argument for many EV owners!
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Far as I know the plan is still 400 charging sites but I doubt they will reach that number by the end of this year. Though they have already passed 280 (currently 283 live or under construction) so maybe there is still some hope;)
Capture.JPG

Last week I did a 1500 km trip from Stavanger, Norway to Karlstad, Sweden and back. It went like a breeze using Ionity chargers all the way. I did not use one minute more than I would in an ICE car:)
That is interesting! Charged once or twice on the way? A few more info on your trip? :)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Ever since I got my wall-box installed 4 years ago, I have used a SC maybe 4 times. The SC Network is not a purchase argument for many EV owners!
I think that very much depends on where and how you use the car. We are not u dear any pressure from work and do not need a daily commute. Pleasure trips, scenic routes, vineyard visits, etc etc. I agree that for most part of the year I will charge it at home, but we travel quite a lot by car. Probably 4 to 5 months of the year in normal times. Not sure how it will be now with the Virus situation?? And when we go on these trips, whether long week end or long distance (8000 +km) trips , we need very fast chargers as well as overnight chargers at hotels. So for us the SC network or equivalent is definitely a purchase argument!!
But that’s personal.
Sponsored