IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I've got a RWD Taycan. I like to drive it in sport mode with normal suspension. I make those selections, and after I end my drive, stop the car and later restart it, the drive and suspension modes have both defaulted back to normal. I'm guessing there's no way to make it hold my selections of sports mode and normal suspension, right?
Sponsored

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Once you restart, the mode goes back to Normal. It's a known issue.

Sport Chrono package provides you a dial on the steering wheel to quickly change the mode. If you don't have that package, then you have to go through the central display.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I wonder if this is something Porsche can and will address in a software update.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
No Individual mode? Mine is set up to be Sport+ but normal suspension and ride height.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've got a RWD Taycan. I like to drive it in sport mode with normal suspension. I make those selections, and after I end my drive, stop the car and later restart it, the drive and suspension modes have both defaulted back to normal. I'm guessing there's no way to make it hold my selections of sports mode and normal suspension, right?
This is by design (possibly by regulation too) and not an 'issue' or software glitch so don't expect a fix.

I'm pretty sure all Porsche cars reset suspension and drive modes from start up. My Boxster of 10 years does as does the Taycan.

The only setting that remains in place before power off and then power on is Smart Lift (air suspension vehicles only).

OP
OP
IrwinJ

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
How do you know it is by design, is that only speculation? And if it is by design, what’s the reason behind it?

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
How do you know it is by design, is that only speculation? And if it is by design, what’s the reason behind it?
I agree it is by design, every Porsche I have had has done the same. Also thinking back my BMW's did the same thing, had to put back into 'individual' each time I got in the car.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Once you restart, the mode goes back to Normal. It's a known issue
And if it is by design, what’s the reason behind it?
The reason the settings go back to the default is due to the way the US EPA range testing is done and the EPA requirements. Once a manufacturer picks a mode (a set of driver configurations chosen to maximize range), the US EPA requires that mode to be the standard on all manufactured cars when they start up.

Sport mode plus Auto Regen mode (which is what I normally use) are not the ones used when the EPA tests were run so they need to be selected each time you restart the car. Bummer. But it is what it is.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The reason this goes back to the default is due to the way the US EPA range testing is done and their requirements. Once a manufacturer picks a mode (a set of driver configurations chosen to maximize range), the US EPA requires that mode to be the standard on all manufactured cars.

Sport mode plus Auto Regen mode (which is what I normally use) are not the ones used when the EPA tests were run so they need to be selected each time you restart the car. Bummer. But it is what it is.
On my previous ICE cars (BMW/Audi) that was also agreed on the forums.

You couldn't save the settings - it had to revert to what the manufacturer used for the official EU mpg testing - which was usually normal mode.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
So I get it re the potential legal requirements but my car does not behave as described above I.e. I like to drive in normal with suspension in its lowest ‘low’ setting and my car retains this setting every time when powered off - has done so since I first picked it up in Dec 2021 - car is a 2022 CT4S with options maxed out.
I’m not using the Individual mode and as I mentioned in an earlier thread seems to make that a little redundant (not entirely as there are still drive modes that do not get retained).
Fairly sure there were others with this capability as has been discussed a lot in other threads. Perhaps a quirk specific to my car but rather doubt that’s the case.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
So I get it re the potential legal requirements but my car does not behave as described above I.e. I like to drive in normal with suspension in its lowest ‘low’ setting and my car retains this setting every time when powered off - has done so since I first picked it up in Dec 2021 - car is a 2022 CT4S with options maxed out.
I’m not using the Individual mode and as I mentioned in an earlier thread seems to make that a little redundant (not entirely as there are still drive modes that do not get retained).
Fairly sure there were others with this capability as has been discussed a lot in other threads. Perhaps a quirk specific to my car but rather doubt that’s the case.
It's like that on our car as well. It retains suspension level (both high and low)

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
My Corvette is like this also. Shut it down in track mode/PTM, and it restarts in "Tour" mode.

My understanding is it's so the full suite of nannies are available upon start for anyone who gets in the car to drive...even though no one else drives my car. I wish there was a way to flash that "feature" away, but alas...not yet that I'm aware of.
Sponsored