Drove Home My Taycan Turbo S! First to Roll off Dealer's Lot.

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
Like so many of us, I too had just recently ordered my Taycan. Spec'd it out as a Turbo, with a beautiful build, that wonderful slight-blue silver, full leather, etc. I was told it was slated for completion in Feb and that I would see it in April. Then I got a call from my sales rep. "Do you have time to meet me in say 45 minutes, there's something I want you to see." I've heard this before, and usually it entailed first shot at something just too much for my wallet.

What it was was their first Turbo S! In jet black metallic, black full leather interior, the mission E wheels, Burmeister 3D stereo, all the bells and whistles! At MSRP!! Did I want it? What?

I would not have ordered a black car. I would likely not buy a $5,800 stereo, and I wasn't sure about the wheels, but I had to cave in and just say "uh, yea, I guess so".

Saturday they had the inspection and prep done, had it detailed and waxed, and all I had to do was come down and buy it. I drove away and so began my experience of a lifetime! I can clearly state that of all the incredible cars I have owned, I have never experienced a car like this! It is like being in a luxury cockpit nestled in perfect seats. The sport sound (when turned on) is like a space ship effect. It is not at all unpleasant. In fact it adds to the thrust you feel when accelerating, which leaves you smiling and giddy. Nothing should take off like that! How can it be?

It has just been a couple of days. Not nearly enough miles to do a "review", but if first impressions are anything, then it is the most wonderful car ever! Bar none!

I will write more as I settle in, go find some twisty roads to drive, check this whole mileage panic I read so much about. Till then here it is.

David

Porsche Taycan Drove Home My Taycan Turbo S! First to Roll off Dealer's Lot. IMG_4324
Porsche Taycan Drove Home My Taycan Turbo S! First to Roll off Dealer's Lot. IMG_4327
Porsche Taycan Drove Home My Taycan Turbo S! First to Roll off Dealer's Lot. IMG_4325

Last edited by a moderator:

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Bravo, good decision, extremely attractive car!

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Looks awesome, out of interest what does the range read on the car when fully charged?

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Congrats, looks fantastic !
I can't wait for my Turbo coming early April, Michigan doesn't have the kindest winters so timing should work out well

Lucky

First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Cayenne Turbo - Ford F150
Country flag
Like so many of us, I too had just recently ordered my Taycan. Spec'd it out as a Turbo, with a beautiful build, that wonderful slight-blue silver, full leather, etc. I was told it was slated for completion in Feb and that I would see it in April. Then I got a call from my sales rep. "Do you have time to meet me in say 45 minutes, there's something I want you to see." I've heard this before, and usually it entailed first shot at something just too much for my wallet.

What it was was their first Turbo S! In jet black metallic, black full leather interior, the mission E wheels, Burmeister 3D stereo, all the bells and whistles! At MSRP!! Did I want it? What?

I would not have ordered a black car. I would likely not buy a $5,800 stereo, and I wasn't sure about the wheels, but I had to cave in and just say "uh, yea, I guess so".

Saturday they had the inspection and prep done, had it detailed and waxed, and all I had to do was come down and buy it. I drove away and so began my experience of a lifetime! I can clearly state that of all the incredible cars I have owned, I have never experienced a car like this! It is like being in a luxury cockpit nestled in perfect seats. The sport sound (when turned on) is like a space ship effect. It is not at all unpleasant. In fact it adds to the thrust you feel when accelerating, which leaves you smiling and giddy. Nothing should take off like that! How can it be?

It has just been a couple of days. Not nearly enough miles to do a "review", but if first impressions are anything, then it is the most wonderful car ever! Bar none!

I will write more as I settle in, go find some twisty roads to drive, check this whole mileage panic I read so much about. Till then here it is.

David

IMG_4324.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4325.jpg
I am having the same experience.....ordered a Turbo because I was told that the Turbo S would be a longer wait time. Had my build date set up for the Turbo when my dealer called and said that they had a new Turbo S coming in today. Naturally I bought it at about a 40k increase but everything on it. Should have it within a week or so since it has to be shipped to South Carolina.

TaycanAZ

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, Panamera, 911 C2S
Country flag
Congrats David. Please keep us posted on your experiences. My timing looked the same, Feb-April... and now June. :-(

OP
OP
Rekool3

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks awesome, out of interest what does the range read on the car when fully charged?
As I recall it was not fully (100%) charged, but it said my range was 218. I was coming back in Monday (today) for in - out sealant and front end clear bra, (and a full charge) so I had plenty to kick around with for the weekend. I'm sure it will depend on how gently it is driven, but the charge range doesn't bother me. I'll set up home charging and with all the Electrify America stations popping up, I'll be charging conveniently in most directions I'm likely to go, and for a lot less than the $400 premium gas bill I just opened.
Happy Trails,
David

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
As I recall it was not fully (100%) charged, but it said my range was 218. I was coming back in Monday (today) for in - out sealant and front end clear bra, (and a full charge) so I had plenty to kick around with for the weekend. I'm sure it will depend on how gently it is driven, but the charge range doesn't bother me. I'll set up home charging and with all the Electrify America stations popping up, I'll be charging conveniently in most directions I'm likely to go, and for a lot less than the $400 premium gas bill I just opened.
Happy Trails,
David
Cheers Pal
Keep us updated over the next few weeks, be great to know what it’s like to live with and if you think some of the options the car has are worth the money etc

I have my deposit on the 4s (due to value and the turbo is a long lead time) and I’m finding it hard to spec without seeing or testing

enjoy
Dan

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
F UUUuuuUuUuuUuUu!

Congrats man, I am so jelly!

When you have time in the next week or so please do a pros and cons review of the car. Would be real nice to hear it from a taycan owner.

OP
OP
Rekool3

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cheers Pal
Keep us updated over the next few weeks, be great to know what it’s like to live with and if you think some of the options the car has are worth the money etc

I have my deposit on the 4s (due to value and the turbo is a long lead time) and I’m finding it hard to spec without seeing or testing

enjoy
Dan
Cheers Dan,

My dealership got a Blue Turbo in last week. It was for test drives, and I drove it. It was remarkable to say the least. It had the vegan "cow free" interior which I was not too impressed with.

I know many dealerships are receiving demo models, I hope you get a chance to sample the drive.

I am impressed with the Premium Package. At $4340 it is steep but includes the fixed glass roof (nicely tinted), Park Assist (front & rear) with surround view(which is epic), as well as Thermally & Noise insulated glass, Storage Package and Ionizer. I love the Burmeister Stereo, but as I said I wouldn't have spent $5,810 on it had I ordered the car.

I have never been a cruise control guy. My foot has been on the accelerator my whole life, but I got Porsche's Adaptive Cruise Control on my 992 C4S, and used it on a road trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. I became a believer! It is wonderful and though my foot still hovers above the brake from time to time, the system is flawless. It came with something called InnoDrive on the Taycan. Not sure about the Inno Drive just yet, but I'll explore and comment soon. It is Pricy at $3,610, so not too sure of the value there.

The Turbo S also came with all wheel steering included in the base price, and it is fabulous! I can't imagine it without that added agility. Porsche's system is the best! I did pay extra for the PDCC Sport. At $3590 it is worth it to me, but barely. It's a great thing to be able to adjust the suspension so many ways, as I like stiff and low, my wife, not so much. With 4 levels to use, it's a plus.

The Turbo S comes with a lot of stuff, and you will have to explore the details, but 4 zone climate control is great as is the heated steering wheel and heated and ventilated seats.

A surprise to me was that my car did not come with the third touch screen in front of the passenger seat. It won't be out until June I'm told, but you can do everything it does right from the screen you can reach. Frankly I think it would be too much, and I'm not so sure I want my passenger running the music anyway.

Sorry if I got a bit carried away, but it is my new favorite subject. I'm sure it will be yours too when your day comes.

David

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Cheers Dan,
Sorry if I got a bit carried away, but it is my new favorite subject. I'm sure it will be yours too when your day comes.
David
David,

Thank you so much for all the updates - you rock! I am glad you were able to get your gift just in time for the holidays - makes it really special.

I realize that you don't have much time for quiet driving - I remember my first week with a Tesla was a disaster on consumption (flooring it with almost every occasion). Once the dust settles and you have the chance to do a highway run could you please share the range at typical highway speeds? For me range is quite important - in Minnesota we are blessed with bad winters and a relative lack of electric infrastructure..... I hope the EPA range is more easily attainable than in a Tesla - I only hit rated range on summer days at 80F.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
That looks a lot like the Taycan Turbo S that I saw in person today (first for me) at a local dealership here... Amazing-looking car, inside and out!

Porsche Taycan Drove Home My Taycan Turbo S! First to Roll off Dealer's Lot. IMG_7732

Porsche Taycan Drove Home My Taycan Turbo S! First to Roll off Dealer's Lot. IMG_7743 copy

Porsche Taycan Drove Home My Taycan Turbo S! First to Roll off Dealer's Lot. IMG_7747

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

David

IMG_4324.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4325.jpg
Hi, do you have any update about your driving experience by now? I am looking forward to any information you can share!
:)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

I have never been a cruise control guy. My foot has been on the accelerator my whole life, but I got Porsche's Adaptive Cruise Control on my 992 C4S, and used it on a road trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. I became a believer! It is wonderful and though my foot still hovers above the brake from time to time, the system is flawless. It came with something called InnoDrive on the Taycan. Not sure about the Inno Drive just yet, but I'll explore and comment soon. It is Pricy at $3,610, so not too sure of the value there.

David
David,

Thanks so much for your early insights. I am on the fence for PDCC but if I get it I will just get the Performance Package so I get PTV+ also for "free" as I wanted other performance options anyway.

Regarding InnoDrive, I hear it has most benefit on twisty country or mountain roads with high posted speed limits. You should try with Sport+ if you have Sport Chrono. It's supposed to be quite exciting as it knows the grip of the car and takes corners near max speeds. Porsche said that they had to tune back the original software which took corners at 0.7g.

Wishing you the best and look forward to more impressions in the future.
Sponsored