Due to test drive Turbo S at Silverstone… TTS arrives in Feb.

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve got one on order… I’ve only test driven the base Taycan.

I’m actually worried I’m going to drive it and regret having not gone for a 4S / turbo.

Any TTS owners here that can reassure me that I haven’t lost my damn mind and it’s not going to be terrifying as a daily driver ??
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Well performance wise, it is going to be very close to the Turbo. What I found is that when I tick all the options I want on a Turbo, I find myself at pretty much a Turbo S.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I’ve got one on order… I’ve only test driven the base Taycan.

I’m actually worried I’m going to drive it and regret having not gone for a 4S / turbo.

Any TTS owners here that can reassure me that I haven’t lost my damn mind and it’s not going to be terrifying as a daily driver ??
Not a TTS owner, but I can tell you that if you survive the Silverstone repeated launch - emergency stop runs, daily driving will hold no terror.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
I'm in the same boat lol, having been up-sold to the Turbo S to get the allocation. I hope it's not too much car as a daily driver.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm in the same boat lol, having been up-sold to the Turbo S to get the allocation. I hope it's not too much car as a daily driver.
I went with the 4s, however, with all the options I've currently selected I'm well beyond the starting price for a Turbo although below that of a Turbo S. My guess, after lots of videos since I haven't driven a Turbo S, is that as a daily driver they would all be pretty comparable. Unless you're constantly doing launches I don't believe the difference between say a fully optioned 4S and a Turbo/Turbo S would be all that noticeable to most of us during daily drives.

I know, for my own part, anything that can do sub 4 second 0-60 is a bit scary and a sub 3 second 0-60 is almost terrifying ;-) But I doubt I'll be doing many launches once the novelty wears off.

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I went with the 4s, however, with all the options I've currently selected I'm well beyond the starting price for a Turbo although below that of a Turbo S. My guess, after lots of videos since I haven't driven a Turbo S, is that as a daily driver they would all be pretty comparable. Unless you're constantly doing launches I don't believe the difference between say a fully optioned 4S and a Turbo/Turbo S would be all that noticeable to most of us during daily drives.

I know, for my own part, anything that can do sub 4 second 0-60 is a bit scary and a sub 3 second 0-60 is almost terrifying ;-) But I doubt I'll be doing many launches once the novelty wears off.
The quickest car I’ve driven is an M5 which is around 3s 0-60, I was comfortable with that. Just a couple of the videos on YouTube where people look like their soul has been sucked out of them backwards have made me wonder if I’ve gone for too powerful a model! ???

I’ve never bought a car without test driving it before!

From what I can gather, the power is there if you want it but you can cruise along quite comfortably / potter around town if you need to. Be interesting to hear from fellow owners ??

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
It is fine for me as a daily driver. The power is always there at the ready but there are plenty of grocery store trips I do that are nice and tame. Especially in Normal mode. You will have no problem.

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It is fine for me as a daily driver. The power is always there at the ready but there are plenty of grocery store trips I do that are nice and tame. Especially in Normal mode. You will have no problem.
Good to hear, thanks!

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I always smile when I see these threads. Having only passed my driving license in June, I have the least amount of driving experience of anyone on these forums, but I have found no issues with having a Turbo (with a Turbo S on order). Just don't ask me to park it.

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I always smile when I see these threads. Having only passed my driving license in June, I have the least amount of driving experience of anyone on these forums, but I have found no issues with having a Turbo (with a Turbo S on order). Just don't ask me to park it.
Your insurance must be interesting :giggle:

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
haha this makes me feel better! What a first car ?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Not as bad as you're thinking: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/learning-to-drive-in-a-taycan-turbo.5678/page-2#post-78400

I did curb it a few months ago, but Porsche Cambridge (who I'm trading the Turbo in for the Turbo S) took a look and said it was fine and not to bother repairing it. I'm taking that to mean I did an excellent job in curbing it. #proud
Not bad at all. I paid more than that on a Mk1 Punto GT Turbo nearly 20 years ago... it would probably worth £100k less :CWL:
Sponsored