W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The tiles in the PCM are only colored on 2023+ models im pretty sure. Maybe 2022 but definitely no earlier.
That's incorrect. The software update / campaign collectively referred to as uPdate brings all prior MY cars up to MY23 software release.

Coloured tiles are the obvious visual indication of this.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Turns out it was the dealer being sloppy. Didn't check to see if the update was successful:mad:. Already been there a week getting the 2 yr service and seat harness recall.
Had a sit down with the service manager to express my frustration and create some urgency to get me car back.
Shocking really. Letter to PCNA I think.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Turns out it was the dealer being sloppy. Didn't check to see if the update was successful:mad:
I learned the hard way on $550 map updates on prior Porsches, you gotta verify before you leave the lot.

More than once I was told the map update was done, then I'd test it and discover it wasn't.

These service folks are not great with software.

Deleted member 6348

Porsche did everyone a solid on this release and the update should provide greater flexibility for more substantial OTAs in the future. Colored icons for everybody and range increases all around.

Given the obvious color icons, I don’t know how the tech could have declared the work complete.

I have near infinite patience for the challenges that can happen when you’re in for service — parts, tools, whatever… delays happen. I appreciate what it takes to maintain a performance car and uncommon cars. I’ve seen the other side of the business which makes me appreciate it. I’m the customer that drops off a case of beer after a big service.

With that being said, I’ve got near zero tolerance for sloppy. When I charge at a corner at speed, the brakes have to work, the lugnuts can’t be flying off, etc. A sloppy tech has no business working on these cars. Your tech was sloppy.

OP
OP
Ryun43

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
This was my main issue. Just no qc to see if the update was finished.
I am totally understanding when its a problem and a diagnosis is required. Sometimes that may take more than one repair attempt to work the issue out. When that happened with my power charging door, I was very patient.
I had a sit down with the Service Manager who was very lackadaisical about the whole thing but by the end I did get some urgency out of him
Received a late afternoon call that the update did not take (duh) and it seems the rear display was not function. They think this may have stopped the update from completing. Which is fine if they had figured that out the first time before saying it was complete. Overnighting a new rear display and They will let me know more tomorrow,

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Turns out it was the dealer being sloppy. Didn't check to see if the update was successful:mad:. Already been there a week getting the 2 yr service and seat harness recall.
Had a sit down with the service manager to express my frustration and create some urgency to get me car back.
Welcome to the club. I got my car back today. 15 days for uPdate and seat harness recall. No offense to base Macan lovers but I was very much over the loaner…

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Dropped my car Monday. I am still getting alerts twice a day that my AC prechilled my car in the morning to go to work and in the evening for my ride home. My airtag shows no movement on the map and I can still see the car in Connect and My Porsche app. I was supposed to get an update call today on the status. I will be calling in the morning. I knew the update takes 12-14 hours and can fail. I felt 5 days was sufficient so I could have my car for the weekend. Looking like my base Macan is going to be the date night transportation :(

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
This was my main issue. Just no qc to see if the update was finished.
I am totally understanding when its a problem and a diagnosis is required. Sometimes that may take more than one repair attempt to work the issue out. When that happened with my power charging door, I was very patient.
I had a sit down with the Service Manager who was very lackadaisical about the whole thing but by the end I did get some urgency out of him
Received a late afternoon call that the update did not take (duh) and it seems the rear display was not function. They think this may have stopped the update from completing. Which is fine if they had figured that out the first time before saying it was complete. Overnighting a new rear display and They will let me know more tomorrow,
"Trust, but verify"

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Oh...you got my hopes up thinking, as a MY2020 owner, I am exempted from the ugly color icon after the uPdate....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sponsored