daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Just picked up my 2020 from getting WNJ8. however, the pcm display isnt changed. I thought the tiles would be colored. Am I correct in assuming this? Or did I misread the release?
My guess is the dealer didnt do it correctly.
Does anyone have the pdf of the features that were supposed to be added/updated during the pcm upgrade?

Thanks
Ryun
there is an even money bet…
this isn't really a question…
I hate to say it but so far 99% of the time…

not a dumb quesiton
it's your dealer
which is way too common

my 2020 Taycan got the "color icon" upgrade last week - if you do not have color icons you do not have the software upgrade - simply really

most of the time the dealer is wrong.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
My 2020 has uPdate and colored icons, however it doesnt have android auto, and i have scheduled a new appointment so update it again.

Point of story, there is probably several bugs with uPdate and everything might work, but still miss something.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My 2020 has uPdate and colored icons, however it doesnt have android auto, and i have scheduled a new appointment so update it again.

Point of story, there is probably several bugs with uPdate and everything might work, but still miss something.
Sounds like a Dealership QA issue - they clearly didn't check the finished update to verify what had / hadn't been updated. This one would have been an easy spot.

Mine seems to have updated fine and the only thing that appears missing is the PIRM on / off toggle. Car still remembers my original speed settings etc but I have no way of switching it on / off.

Reactions: B61

mmdumi

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan cross turismo
Country flag
Just picked up my 2020 from getting WNJ8. however, the pcm display isnt changed. I thought the tiles would be colored. Am I correct in assuming this? Or did I misread the release?
Does anyone have the pdf of the features that were supposed to be added/updated during the pcm upgrade?

Thanks
Ryun
You need to request ONA6 update also. This is the one with coloured icons + android auto.
On my appointment the dealer did 2 updates to my car: WNJ8 + ONA6. Sounds like you only got half.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You need to request ONA6 update also. This is the one with coloured icons + android auto.
On my appointment the dealer did 2 updates to my car: WNJ8 + ONA6. Sounds like you only got half.
Ideally you shouldn't have to specify (or even be aware) as there will be outstanding campaigns listed for each vehicle by VIN which will be automatically flagged to the dealer. Also should be visible on My Porsche website when you login.

mmdumi

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan cross turismo
Country flag
Ideally you shouldn't have to specify (or even be aware) as there will be outstanding campaigns listed for each vehicle by VIN which will be automatically flagged to the dealer. Also should be visible on My Porsche website when you login.
I agree but let's not pretend porsche is a highly technological advanced car or that the germans know what they are doing. If somebody here wants a more connected car they should buy Tesla. I'm sure that Porsche will never be that advanced with software but it's ok. Embrace the differences.

Also in the my porsche app shake the phone and provide feedback. The team is actually responding to suggestions. I've raised many requests in the spring and almost all of them have been done in the most recent version. You can thank me for the share destination into MyPorsche from google maps / apple maps, or tap and hold on the map to select a destination instead of searching for it.

You guys should fill their bug reports with issues and at some point they will be fixed.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I agree but let's not pretend porsche is a highly technological advanced car or that the germans know what they are doing. If somebody here wants a more connected car they should buy Tesla. I'm sure that Porsche will never be that advanced with software but it's ok. Embrace the differences.

Also in the my porsche app shake the phone and provide feedback. The team is actually responding to suggestions. I've raised many requests in the spring and almost all of them have been done in the most recent version. You can thank me for the share destination into MyPorsche from google maps / apple maps, or tap and hold on the map to select a destination instead of searching for it.

You guys should fill their bug reports with issues and at some point they will be fixed.
The notifications worked for me on My Porsche and the dealer applied the full uPdate without drama. So I think they do know what they're doing in certain circumstances.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag

Thanks
Ryun
I had the same exact issue. When I had picked it up, the dealer insisted verbally and in writing that it was completed even though the PCM was not in color. I've an appointment at a different dealer to complete the update. I'm hoping it's completed this time around.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Nope.
uPdate was done as an onsite services…in my case they needed almost three days.
looks like that painting icons goes slow :giggle:
o_O 3 days to install new PCM software? Or was your car the very first they did, so the staff needed to figure it out first, learn how to do it?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Turns out it was the dealer being sloppy. Didn't check to see if the update was successful:mad:. Already been there a week getting the 2 yr service and seat harness recall.
Had a sit down with the service manager to express my frustration and create some urgency to get me car back.
Makes you wonder what else they tell people they did (and potentially charge for) but didn't actually do. Most people don't actually check if their oil and filters have in fact been changed (non-EV), or did they just joyride the car around the parking lot. What about recall campaigns, software or hardware? Maybe Porsche should start a verification program: dealer says campaign done, OTA report goes back to Porsche with firmware numbers, car down time, etc. If anything doesn't match, flag the dealer.

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
o_O 3 days to install new PCM software? Or was your car the very first they did, so the staff needed to figure it out first, learn how to do it?
yes, three days.
no, it was not their first, they made five or six of them before.
i’ve been told that they had to repeat same steps several times…and they are working 8 hours/day only…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
yes, three days.
no, it was not their first, they made five or six of them before.
i’ve been told that they had to repeat same steps several times…and they are working 8 hours/day only…
Remember that these are software updates and are not watched 100% of the time so actual labour effort won't be 3 days.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Remember that these are software updates and are not watched 100% of the time so actual labour effort won't be 3 days.
Of course not.
i just wanted to say they they are not working over time, to complete the job.
Sponsored