bpans

First Name
Bpans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RX450H F Sport, Cayman-S, R8
Country flag
I see a bunch of options under E-mobility. Which ones to pick? Some of them are bit hard to understand its benefit.

Power Charge Port Cover $640 (I would go with this as it makes the car look futuristic)
19.2 kW On-Board Charger $1,680 (is this needed?)
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger $460((is this needed?, is the 80% charging time of 22.5 minutes with this option added?)
Porsche Intelligent Range Manager $300 (how useful is this?)
Mobile Charger Connect $1,120 (What is this?)
Supply Cable for NEMA 6-30 Electrical Socket $0 (Which cable do I need, I am in US?)
Supply Cable for NEMA 6-50 Electrical Socket (40 A) $0 (Which cable do I need, I am in US?)
Supply Cable for NEMA 14-30 Electrical Socket $0 (Which cable do I need, I am in US?)
25 ft Charging Cable $0
Porsche Charging Dock for the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect $470 (do I need this if I buy the mobile charger connect)?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
  • power charge port - I love mine - other’s tell me I’m wrong - it’s great in my opinion because it auto closes after you unplug
  • 19.2 kW charge option - this is dicussed heavily on the forum - to take advantage it also requires a 100 amp dedicated 240V circuit be added to your home and purchasing a $1500 (or more) 100 amp EVSE from one of several vendors (Porsche included with their excellent $1600 Porsche Wall Charger) - it will see low usage “in the wild” while away from home - all in it can cost $6000 or more to take advantage of this option given the cost of adding a dedicated 100 amp circuit to most residential US homes
    • consult your local electrican about funding his kid’s college education to install the necessary dedicated circuit.
  • several threads discussing this - it’s low utilization (potentially zero) - but if you do ecounter a 400V/150 kW charger it will make your charging session faster (40 min charging in a walmart parking lot vs. 100 min charging stop in wallmart parking lot) - if you believe Tesla will open the supercharger network then this option will be very very useful
    • if you DO NOT check this box - your charge rate at 400V chargers will be limited to 50 kW vs. 150 kw - but it turns out there are few if any 400V chargers in North America - other than the Tesla Supercharger network
    • so it’s one of the cheapest options in the entire porsche Taycan list, but it may never be used, but if it is used it will save you mucho grande time charging sometime when you are stuck somewhere at a 400V charger (again which are few and far between)
    • do you believe Tesla will open the supercharger network - if your answer is yes - get this option - if your answer is no - then you can probably avoid this option, but again who knows.
    • FYI: this is now standard on the Taycan GTS (no option) - which is what Porsche should’ve done in the first place IMHO
  • get the $300 software - it helps with travel planning while road tripping
  • PMCC - this is a more expensive EV charger that has wifi and a LCD screen - there are better ways to spend $1120 - I would get this for the 25ft cord - but you can purchase high quality non-porsche EV chargers with 25ft cords for about 1/3rd the price
  • supply cables - you should only get these cables _IF_ you already have a plug in your home that matches one of these cables - they are for compatibility with various 50 & 30 amp plug types in north america (electric water heater, oven, stove, dryer) - the vehicle will come with a NEMA 14-50 plug as “standard equipment” - this 99% likely what you want - if you don’t know what they are you don’t need them
  • 25ft cord is _NOT_ $0 - it will require the $1120 PMCC
  • this is a very fancy display box for more money than a high quality 3rd party EV charger - it’s an empty box to mount on the wall to hold your PMC+/PMCC EVSE charger - if you do not order this box then the PMC+/PMCC both come with a basic wall mount.
I would check the following:
  • power charge port
  • 400V/150 kW DC charger
  • range manger software
if you want an EV charger with a 25ft cord - buy a non Porsche $400 or less EVSE w/25 ft cord - and then you’ll have one charger to leave in the garage at home - and one charger to live in the frunk for road trips.

and you’re done.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see a bunch of options under E-mobility. Which ones to pick? Some of them are bit hard to understand its benefit.

Power Charge Port Cover $640 (I would go with this as it makes the car look futuristic)
19.2 kW On-Board Charger $1,680 (is this needed?)
On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger $460((is this needed?, is the 80% charging time of 22.5 minutes with this option added?)
Porsche Intelligent Range Manager $300 (how useful is this?)
Mobile Charger Connect $1,120 (What is this?)
Supply Cable for NEMA 6-30 Electrical Socket $0 (Which cable do I need, I am in US?)
Supply Cable for NEMA 6-50 Electrical Socket (40 A) $0 (Which cable do I need, I am in US?)
Supply Cable for NEMA 14-30 Electrical Socket $0 (Which cable do I need, I am in US?)
25 ft Charging Cable $0
Porsche Charging Dock for the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect $470 (do I need this if I buy the mobile charger connect)?
all of these questions are discussed and answered at length with existing threads on the forum - @Administrator recommend this thread be closed/locked

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
lots of threads on the 150w option.

I got the mobile connector since it’s $2500 if you buy it on its own but what a mistake that was. for $1200 you can a heavy bulky pain in the butt charger. I would spend the same money and buy a station for your home and a mobile charger.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lots of threads on the 150w option.

I got the mobile connector since it’s $2500 if you buy it on its own but what a mistake that was. for $1200 you can a heavy bulky pain in the butt charger. I would spend the same money and buy a station for your home and a mobile charger.
the Taycan comes Porsche Mobile Charger Plug (PMC+) 40 amp charger w/NEMA 14-50 and NEMA 5-15 supply cable - there no need to purchase or upgrade the charger that comes with the vehicle.

the PMC+ does not have wifi or LCD screen - but will charge the vehicle just as fast as the PMCC - if you are contemplating purchasing another EV charger (EVSE) - there are better higher quality choices that are way way less money than the $1120 porsche PMCC.

OP
OP

bpans

First Name
Bpans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RX450H F Sport, Cayman-S, R8
Country flag
I should have searched the threads and I am usually good at searching :)

@Administrator please close or lock this thread.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
  • power charge port - I love mine - other’s tell me I’m wrong - it’s great in my opinion because it auto closes after you unplug
It is worth mentioning however that the powered charge port permanently blocks off the air-scarf vent (between the front wheels and the front doors), as well as the fact that auto-closing after unplugging a DC charger still requires manual closing of the DC flap, or auto-close will fail.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
for me the DCFlap clears itself when unplugging the CCS connector - but yeah if it doesn’t you have to move it.
Sponsored