E-tron GT officially tested at 328 miles (summer)!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
How the f**k did Model 3 LR get 406.9 miles?! Unless you're on a flat road with ambient 80F and the cruise set at 30mph there's no way. I owned a 2020 3 long-range and never got the rated 322 miles. (warm temps, flat FL roads)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
How the f**k did Model 3 LR get 406.9 miles?! Unless you're on a flat road with ambient 80F and the cruise set at 30mph there's no way. I owned a 2020 3 long-range and never got the rated 322 miles. (warm temps, flat FL roads)
Norway is by no means a flat country. BUT the have quite low speed limits and the roads are normally not too congested. If they all run with regen on and keep at the speed limit (probably 80 kWh) it is fully possible. I guess also the temperature was such that no air con or heating was required. All the cars are quite efficient in the test overall.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Article does say a mixture of driving speeds but still. Even with the tires inflated to 60psi you would have to keep speeds LOW to achieve any range numbers that high. That's over 100 miles more than the rated range and I have never heard of any Tesla owner getting that much percentage over the advertised range.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Article does say a mixture of driving speeds but still. Even with the tires inflated to 60psi you would have to keep speeds LOW to achieve any range numbers that high. That's over 100 miles more than the rated range and I have never heard of any Tesla owner getting that much percentage over the advertised range.
Go and have a look at TeslaBjörns videos. He does a lot of range tests for a number of cars, Audi, Porsche, Tesla, Hyundai, Vw, BMW, Mercedes etc. He uses the same route and tries to have similar traffic conditions etc. Google his videos and check.

I believe the Norwegian test and that Tesla can do that range. My M3P certainly can beat the stated range in such conditions.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure about the LR AWD, but I have seen in excess of 400 miles on my Model 3 LR RWD (310 EPA IIRC). Steady speeds as limited by speed limits in national parks and some highway. No blasting around 70+ mph but also not puttering around at less than 60 mph (as allowed by speed limits).
AC on, normal tire pressures, no hypermiling BS. 2 adult passengers in the car and luggage in the back. I'll dig out pics if anybody needs proof. Not just one trip either, and no clear "oh, lost xxx meters in altitude, clearly rolling downhill".

I also know that others struggle to even hit rated, even when trying to conserve battery. I'm increasingly puzzled by the delta. Do some cars ship with more effective battery capacity? Are there specific driving patterns that kill efficiency? I've gone so far as to take turns driving two Model Xs out by 45 min and then back, just to figure out some of the details. (In that case, the differences seemed to be tires hurting mileage more than indicated, but also a clear impact of the driver)

Speaking of which, I really wish those comparisons tried to match tires/wheel size as much as possible - or at least indicate when one car or the other has a substantial penalty from that. Taycan and E-Tron GT are often tested with some crazy spec and 21' wheels, which is fine, but then don't compare against some other car running on 18' eco wheels.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unless your car is faulty, range is pretty consistent when conditions are similar. Where it gets confusing is when temperatures and speeds are different or they don't indicated the battery size. Many of these tests don't explicitly state all the conditions or they are buried somewhere in the review.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I also know that others struggle to even hit rated, even when trying to conserve battery. I'm increasingly puzzled by the delta. Do some cars ship with more effective battery capacity? Are there specific driving patterns that kill efficiency? I've gone so far as to take turns driving two Model Xs out by 45 min and then back, just to figure out some of the details. (In that case, the differences seemed to be tires hurting mileage more than indicated, but also a clear impact of the driver)
This x 1000. I am puzzled over some forum members who get awful range. It seems mostly in the UK so I was also wondering if RHD affects range in some way.

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
They did explicitly point out it was the refreshed version. Was yours also the new version?
But I'm also confused why the graphic only says 380 miles and is inconsistent with the text.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They did explicitly point out it was the refreshed version. Was yours also the new version?
But I'm also confused why the graphic only says 380 miles and is inconsistent with the text.
Yes.
Sponsored