EA at Belmont California broken

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Regional warning for people in the Bay Area who plan to use the Belmont EA location.
Two out of 3 stations are completely down. The third was broken two weeks ago, not it works but it is the one with the Chademo port and shares the spot with the L2 charger so you have to wait for that Leaf or even worst the Prius Prime to finish charging...
There was always one (random) broken station in this location but the last month #1 is systematically down and now #2. I have been calling the EA support on a monthly basis to report the issue and get an ETA for the fix but they don't have any. Their service people were on site to disable #2 and did not fix #1.

Porsche Taycan EA at Belmont California broken 20210724_095136

Porsche Taycan EA at Belmont California broken 20210724_095155

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this picture is kinda the meme/logo/mascot for EA isn’t it - I’m hoping there is supercharger access sometime in the next 24 months - EA is getting better, but still not fast enough for my taste - and the progress is very very spotty.

Porsche Taycan EA at Belmont California broken B1A20CF3-AED0-4813-A15F-05689EE2FE8C

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Quick local update, they fixed #2 so right now 2/3 stations are working.

I don't understand why they haven't fixed the other one e given that the EA crew came to the location twice (first time to yellow tape the station, second time to replace cable).

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, charger #2 was up and running only for a couple of days. It shows "unavailable" again on the screen.
I called EA again and I demanded to speak to a supervisor since this location has always 1 (and recently 2) out 3 stations out of order.
To make a long story short, they can see from their side that 2 out of 3 stations are down, they can see it has been months like that but they have no ETA and no idea when the chargers will be fixed. The supervisor said he will eacalate up in their food chain but I doubt anything will change.
To make matters worst, the charging NA app and the car believe that one of the broken stations is working, they do not know the only working station is slowly charging a Leaf, so the Nav will happily send you there for charging...
Sponsored