daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
80 minutes wasted today trying to get my local EA stations to charge my 2020 Taycan Turbo - what a joke!

customer support is nice, friendly, polite and professional - but ultimately the following vehicle's could not charge today:
  • my 2020 Taycan Turbo
  • a brand new shiny Lucid Air
  • VW ID.4
  • KIa something
  • Mach-E
  • Chevy Bolt
4 out of 4 stations dysfunctional - EA customer support "shows" them as online and functional - all failing with the same error - EA agent tries and tells me it must be my car - I tell her other cars can't charge and I just completed a charge in Los Gatos, CA - and she's bewildered as to what to tell me.

they will put in a "trouble ticket" and suggested I try again in a week or so when they get out to diagnose the situation.

OMG soooooo bad - just so so so so bad…

brand new Lucid Air owner (less than 12 hours old) - travels a lot - transitioned from a Tesla Model S - all their driving is "long distance" - is now horrified by their purchase - has used the Supercharger network for years - never occurred to her the fast charging "couldn't work"…

OMG this is just so bad.

words fail me.
Sponsored

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Reading this in Europe and I only thing I could think of is…

EA sports… it’s in the game.

Anyway I am sorry for you. Hope you gone sort it out

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I used to think EA is fine but now that I see one of the stations broke near my house and how long it took for them to fix it, my opinion of EA has definitely changed. Another just broke so let’s see if it’s going to take just as long to fix it. Lastly, my brother just came back from a trip and on the way there all stations where he stopped were broken. Luckily, he was able to limp to a non-EA station near by. On the way back all but one were broken at a different location.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
there was a station in ellenington florida that had 3 of 4 units down for many many months. someone has reported that they are fixed but I will avoid that place.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Most of the EA stations near the metro NYC area appears to have lower availability since the fall, from my own sporadic experience.

There were really reliable stations near me, then it's as if they fell off a cliff, coincidentally since the last big outage where they had essentially given everybody free charging for a month+.

For the available stations, I haven't been able to charge at more than 145kw peak arriving with a preconditioned battery and sub 30% soc. I hope reliability gets better.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I dunno, @daveo4EV . Your post is at odds with Electrify America's Q3 2022 Report to the California Air Resources Board issued just seven days ago. Extract below from page 10 reports that EA has achieved its aggressive reliability targets for continuous reliability.

1669690636425.png

Maybe it's time for you and the five other drivers to follow EA's advice and get your cars fixed. ;)
See powerpoint summary of EA accomplishments this quarter .
wow - you are soo right - I guess it was my car - with a reliability report like that I'm sure EA stations work all the time and any problems are just figments of peoples imaginations - kinda like the errors you get when your battery is low…

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Saw so many people struggling with chargers this past weekend. So many stations out of order. Thankfully the worst I had was a 10min and a 35min wait (travelling Wednesday night and Sunday night was not ideal)… and a few slow charges

Other than the waits, plug and charge worked flawlessly every time. I had the Porsche app and EA app ready to go if it didn’t though. I don’t understand when I see people at the other chargers fiddling around with credit cards and plugging and unplugging multiple times to get their charges going. One Lucid guy had a ritual with the machine timing out that he would walk 10 feet away from his car and wait for a minute then come back and try again. I think he did this 5 times. So frustrating I can imagine. Any other weird rituals people have seen to get EA to work?

Also, I find it a tiny bit therapeutic to report charging problems in PlugShare and the EA app itself.Not sure if that matters to EA but hope it helps warn other drivers which chargers to avoid.

Last edited:

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Miracles can happen.

First, I drove from Phoenix to Las Vegas today in my 2022 RWD, and the 150 kW EA charger in Kingman AZ worked flawlessly.

Second, the Aggies beat LSU two days ago.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
Been there. Had chargers work fine plenty of times, but also some major fails like in the post and everything in-between. Electrify America says they have great reliability (how about being open with us and recognizing the problem?) , but they are also tearing out entire stations and replacing the junk hardware with better stuff. Choosing Thanksgiving week to do so is also questionable.
Sponsored