EA Free Charging Due to Equipment Upgrade!

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I went to my nearest EA charging station with my car at 53% SOC this afternoon in Cocoa FL. Unlike my previous visit all four charging positions were operable so I connected to the 350 KW position and went shopping. When the car was connected screen stated the charging was free due to an EA equipment upgrade. Charge on. Was this to make amends for the Labor Day I-95 corridor shut down fiasco?

The charging screen displays the wrong charge start time but the car knows the correct local time.
Sponsored

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
I went to my nearest EA charging station with my car at 53% SOC this afternoon in Cocoa FL. Unlike my previous visit all four charging positions were operable so I connected to the 350 KW position and went shopping. When the car was connected screen stated the charging was free due to an EA equipment upgrade. Charge on. Was this to make amends for the Labor Day I-95 corridor shut down fiasco?

The charging screen displays the wrong charge start time but the car knows the correct local time.
Not sure about the "equipment upgrade" part of it but EA charging is supposed to be free for all Taycan owners during the first 36 months.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Not sure about the "equipment upgrade" part of it but EA charging is supposed to be free for all Taycan owners during the first 36 months.
This is unrelated. I noticed last weekend that at least for the two EA chargers I used in Florida and Georgia, charging was free for everyone regardless of the brand or model of vehicle. You also dont need an app or card to initiate charging, just plug in and it starts. I don't know how wide this promotion extends or how long it will last.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
I noticed that the EA charger displays the cost of charging for every visit, but we are of course not actually charged as Taycan owners, unless you go past the 30 mins. :clap:
Sponsored