hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A couple of days before I ran into a technician who was fixing one of the chargers in the EA charging station I usually go to. And he invited me to do a quick diagnose with him by plugging my car into the charger he was fixing. The result is bad, the charging rate dropped from 130kw to 60kw in a few seconds meanwhile my car was at 40% SOC, so it definitely could take more.
The technician called EA and EA told him that it was totally fine the charger is only delivering 60kw, and he may leave if he like. I think that pretty much explains why some of the EA chargers suck so hard. Well EA themselves seems to not care about the quality of their chargers at all. Being the only 350kw charging stations provider (for now) in my area, the attitude towards their services is unacceptable, and of course, there is a charger that was completely built and is under the "coming soon" label for months.
BTW the technician told me it would be better to charge at the more modern charger instead of the old ones since they are from two different companies. The modern one is the one that has green light strips around it and it is way more stable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
kW not kWh. EA is so frustrating. So much potential if they could fix the reliability.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
I was at a station in knoxville and couldn’t even get that. 4 stations, 1 didnt work and couldn’t connect (350kw), 2 only got 35-40kw (150 and 350kw) and the third (150kw) connected at 90kw. Multiple vehicles and users reported the same on PlugShare along with an Etron that was there with me. I cant remember if it had green lights, indicative of a newer charger. I didnt know about that part tho, so thanks for sharing that info.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anybody know where to find a glossary of all the errors these chargers can throw? I get a different one almost every time and have yet to charge successfully.

Also, EA call lines seem to be overwhelmed today. I called twice and both times got a "high call volume assisting other customers" type message. The second time it didn't even bother putting me in a waiting loop and just hung up on me.

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The most common error for me is "Charging start error" with error code: 42_00H_0
Sponsored