Early morning warmup

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I could probably dig into the forums on this but a quick search didn’t find much.

My 3 week old 2021 Taycan had now had two early mornings when the car went through a 5 min timet with a little snowflake in the right dash where I could not drive the car. The dash simply showed the “Taycan”. Temps overnight were in high 30s. Typically I park in a heated garage but it has been getting a new floor and I can’t drive on it until tomorrow.

I know it’s best for range to let the battery warm up but having had 5 prior EVs (all Tesla) I’ve never seen this before. Oddly it did it this morning as well but After about 30 seconds, the car let me drive away.

Anyway very odd IMO and I assume this is the idea behind battery preconditioning?
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I currently have my Taycan in Connecticut. The temperature is 30F. I will leave it outside in the driveway overnight unplugged. I will let you know what happens in the morning.

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
I always park outside and the cold (low 20's on some nights) has not caused a problem. I think the snowflake comes on when you unlock and have checked the 'preheat' option.

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
The snowflake with the timer is the "preheat on unlock" option, which you can activate or deactivate. I have this activated as well but I can start up the car and drive normally anytime by pressing the Power button.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was 27F (-3C) this morning. The snowflake was on the dashboard. The car started up without a delay and I was able to drive without waiting. Fyi, an additional benefit of the EV is the windshield defroster was great because there was no engine to warm up to generate heat.

OP
OP
RCorsa

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Gotcha. Thanks for the replies. I’ve never hit the power button in the car as when I get in it always just starts when I put in drive. Thankfully my garage is usable today as the floors have cured so it probably won’t be an issue.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I miss having a heated and air conditioned garage.
Sponsored