Easy to swap out the 4S front lip spoiler?

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Hi all,

Is it a fairly easy to swap out the front lip spoiler? (Non sport 4s bumper)

Thanks!!
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Yes, particularly if you have ever done it on another car. Multiple vendors sell replacements/upgrades for this very reason.

OP
OP

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Got it, does anyone have experience with this? Is it just a few screws (I tried to look underneath)

Thanks!

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
if its just the front lip you can get to it pretty easily from underneath; you will need to get to the upper clips portion and that will be the struggle. In the end, without a hoist, it might be just as easy to remove the bumper cover.

If you have to remove the bumper cover, that is a lot of work (wheels, fender liner, lights removed etc).

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
if its just the front lip you can get to it pretty easily from underneath; you will need to get to the upper clips portion and that will be the struggle. In the end, without a hoist, it might be just as easy to remove the bumper cover.

If you have to remove the bumper cover, that is a lot of work (wheels, fender liner, lights removed etc).
Please note that removing the bumper which holds the parking sensors and front camera may affect the calibration of those sensors. This is according to the body shop and the service department.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Please note that removing the bumper which holds the parking sensors and front camera may affect the calibration of those sensors. This is according to the body shop and the service department.
I can assure you it didn't (on mine). Just upgraded the nose cone. I would say that before the work to CYA myself if I were them though ?

Porsche Taycan Easy to swap out the 4S front lip spoiler? IMG_5565

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I had the dealer replace my front spoiler as it received road debris damage. It was a one day job (plus the other things the car needed to be looked at). It took about 3 weeks to get the part.
For your reference : 9J1-807-541-OK1 (spoiler in matte black).

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I can assure you it didn't (on mine). Just upgraded the nose cone. I would say that before the work to CYA myself if I were them though ?

IMG_5565.jpeg

Yes and when removing the front bumper...you do incur a recalibration that needs to be done when reconnecting the systems. $$$
Correct in that is recommended procedure from any body shop and Porsche. I had to have my 992 front bumper resprayed due to rock chip and parking lot scrap by someone's shoppin cart and it cost me an hour and half shop time to get it recalibrated at the dealer. Beware

IMG_5565.jpeg
You may not have done it on your car but doesn't mean it isn't required. I asks the same and was told that the safety systems and cameras should be recalibrated with front bumper removal due to how many of these system are now mounted there vs previous models and when you remove the bumper even the best techs found that there was drift and errors that would occasionally and/or frequently occur without a recalibration. Given the amount of $$ spend on these cars no need to incur a bigger bill due to a system failure or being off just to save a small bit of coin and/or a denial by my insurance when the lack or re-calibration is found to be a contributing factor of some accident. Just my 2 cents.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes and when removing the front bumper...you do incur a recalibration that needs to be done when reconnecting the systems. $$$

Correct in that is recommended procedure from any body shop and Porsche. I had to have my 992 front bumper resprayed due to rock chip and parking lot scrap by someone's shoppin cart and it cost me an hour and half shop time to get it recalibrated at the dealer. Beware

You may not have done it on your car but doesn't mean it isn't required. I asks the same and was told that the safety systems and cameras should be recalibrated with front bumper removal due to how many of these system are now mounted there vs previous models and when you remove the bumper even the best techs found that there was drift and errors that would occasionally and/or frequently occur without a recalibration. Given the amount of $$ spend on these cars no need to incur a bigger bill due to a system failure or being off just to save a small bit of coin and/or a denial by my insurance when the lack or re-calibration is found to be a contributing factor of some accident. Just my 2 cents.
Perhaps. Perhaps not though - I think it depends on what you have in the nose cone.

There are 3 systems adjoined to the bumper and depending how you are optioned; more often, only 2 (as in my case). Parking sensors, the front camera, and a version of innodrive. Parking sensors and front cameras have been around for a LONG time and I have never calibrated either - not even sure that you can. Perhaps Innodrive may ask or even require this - unclear to me but I have had a version of it on a 2021 E63s and bumper removal didn't require calibration after. I really can't speak to that from personal experience.

I guess I would say, all unsolicited advice taken on a forum should be at the peril of the individual on the receiving end. And, everyone doing this should work within their comfort zone. That said, I have never heard of insurance denial for calibration as a contributing factor in an auto accident. that seems exaggerated and far fetched and most certainly with my options not going to happen.

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

Is it a fairly easy to swap out the front lip spoiler? (Non sport 4s bumper)

Thanks!!
Hi,

Did you change the front spoiler? Did they remove the bumper?I have a small scratch on the right but not sure what to do…If the bumper has to be removed with a lot of work ,I’ll leave it like that…Or if it’s very easy I’ll change it…What do you guys think?

Porsche Taycan Easy to swap out the 4S front lip spoiler? IMG_4742

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
If you take a heat gun to that scratch it should come out.
Just watch a few video's on YouTube before you attempt it. It's not that hard.
Good Luck