W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If you don't have SC (Sports Chrono) then the easiest way to change different drive modes is to configure your My Home screen on the PCM. My Home can be configure to display various widgets - one of which is Drive Mode - and 3 widgets can be displayed at once (I have Drive Mode, Battery & Map).

Once configured then simply tap Home to change to My Home and voila - then tap Range, Normal or Sport (Sport is also available separately on the lower display).

Range mode can't be programmed (currently) via either of the Diamond Buttons.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
If you don't have SC (Sports Chrono) then the easiest way to change different drive modes is to configure your My Home screen on the PCM. My Home can be configure to display various widgets - one of which is Drive Mode - and 3 widgets can be displayed at once (I have Drive Mode, Battery & Map).

Once configured then simply tap Home to change to My Home and voila - then tap Range, Normal or Sport (Sport is also available separately on the lower display).

Range mode can't be programmed (currently) via either of the Diamond Buttons.
Spot on, this is exactly the method I use and it works great in the absence of SC. My other 2 widgets show me whatever media is currently playing and the phone (I can’t remember if this is what it’s called in the PCM) widget that has a handy button to quickly access CarPlay if that is available.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Any idea why range doesn't also default in auto-regen? Or doesn't it really do anything net-net?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Any idea why range doesn't also default in auto-regen? Or doesn't it really do anything net-net?
Its pointless. Single motor drive and recup braking is more than enough plus coasting as needed. Recup would slow the car down and therefore defeat the purpose.

Before I engage Range I enable recup so that when I disengage Range recup kicks in. Especially useful during motorway driving, cruise active and then switching to town mode.
Sponsored