ECO Plus mode now on Heat/Cooling option? But what does it do, or not do?

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
So, I was low on battery and clicked the center console to pull up the temperature settings and put it into ECO mode and noticed that there is now an ECO Plus mode.
So I clicked it and the temperature setting goes to "--" vs. being able to set a temperature. I couldn't really figure this out, so I went back to standard ECO mode for some power savings.
Is this new, or have I just not seen this in the past?
Does anyone know what the ECO Plus setting either limits/retards/shuts off and what type of energy savings this actually can execute on?

Any experience would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sponsored

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Eco mode plus is available when you are in range mode only.
It will stop heating/cooling and will just continue to fonction to avoid fog on the windows.
Lots of other functions are reduced when in range mode.
The Porsche Good to know app will give you more info

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I havent tried eco+, but i found eco even better than normal AC.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So, I was low on battery and clicked the center console to pull up the temperature settings and put it into ECO mode and noticed that there is now an ECO Plus mode.
So I clicked it and the temperature setting goes to "--" vs. being able to set a temperature. I couldn't really figure this out, so I went back to standard ECO mode for some power savings.
Is this new, or have I just not seen this in the past?
Does anyone know what the ECO Plus setting either limits/retards/shuts off and what type of energy savings this actually can execute on?

Any experience would be helpful.

Thanks,
Range mode provides access to both Eco and Eco Plus.

Eco Plus switches off / significantly reduces the AC so no drying or cooling of the cabin air.

No temp control available either.

Eco reduces the AC capabilities.

As mentioned read the Porsche Good To Know App on this topic. More features are managed with either power saving mode than listed here.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
TycanNewHampshire

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, that seems to all make sense now as this Dec/Jan have been the only months I have put it into Range mode, to squeeze as many electrons possible into the motor vs. losing them to the cold-weathered electron fairies that magically consume my full charge pretty quickly once it gets into the negative digits.

Otherwise, in temperate climates I never noticed much, if any saving of battery in ECO vs. Sport+. However, that rule does not hold true across the laws of thermodynamics and you have to 'hope' that the direct-branded changing apps and/or plugshare are updated with the correct information of being in-, or out-servivce. In another thread I am trying to compilie our collective minds and get a amicable solution and standard TAT to implementing a corrective action when a Quality Incident ha occurred.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks, that seems to all make sense now as this Dec/Jan have been the only months I have put it into Range mode, to squeeze as many electrons possible into the motor vs. losing them to the cold-weathered electron fairies that magically consume my full charge pretty quickly once it gets into the negative digits.

Otherwise, in temperate climates I never noticed much, if any saving of battery in ECO vs. Sport+. However, that rule does not hold true across the laws of thermodynamics and you have to 'hope' that the direct-branded changing apps and/or plugshare are updated with the correct information of being in-, or out-servivce. In another thread I am trying to compilie our collective minds and get a amicable solution and standard TAT to implementing a corrective action when a Quality Incident ha occurred.
I ran my car through the hot and humid Florida summer in ECO and I was always comfortable. now that it is cooler out I am experimenting with the different modes
Sponsored