feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
hey, at least I called out my own bias?

Clearly I need to spend time driving an EV in other parts of the world.
"bias" sounds so negative - not my intention, I'm just reporting what I see.
Sponsored

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Very much so!

In EU the public charging network is already pretty strong and in China the SCN is irrelevant. My old MS90D can now only charge with an adapter even on the SCN. We pay usually between 1 RMB and 1.6 RMB per kWh (15 to 25 cent) on public fast chargers...

1615249980755.png
Not IONITY in Germany but a south western grid company. There was even a Taycan waiting for a free spot. EA users are lucky, they have always free chargers!
Any idea what that Audi mule in the left of the picture is? Is the picture from a long time a go? Etron sportback? Or is this recent? Some kind of smaller ev suv based on Q4?

MadsK

First Name
Mads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any idea what that Audi mule in the left of the picture is? Is the picture from a long time a go? Etron sportback? Or is this recent? Some kind of smaller ev suv based on Q4?
That is a Audi Etron Sportback beloning to the German Youtuber Carmaniac

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
"I own a Porsche"
"I own a Tesla".
Why does one sound so much better?
Nuff said.

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’m new to Porsche, I got my Taycan 1 week ago, Tesla owner since 2012, when the interior was crap, now they are minimalistic but nice, well done, I owned with my wife 5 model S in 8 yearsmodel S, we still have a Model S 100D full autopilot. Having said that I cannot compare my Taycan and the Model S, they are just 2 different cars, the best is to have both. I’m grateful to Tesla because is for them that we are driving Taycan, otherwise, legacy automakers would never ever be electric. It’s funny to see the Porsche maintenance which includes brakes. Guys electric cars do not need all the maintenance Porsche said we need. Driving electric only for the last 8 years, I can say, do not go ever for maintenance.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
the article ignores the differences in charging abilities.
tesla is the clear winner on that front
I have to disagree with this. I've now taken my Taycan Turbo S on two long distance trips (1300 miles RT) and I only had to 'wait' for charging once, and that was 10 minutes, when I needed 96% to make it home. Otherwise, all my charging was done in 20 minutes or so, and I took the time to stretch and head into Walmart/Sheetz for drinks, snacks and a bathroom break. Other than no high power chargers in West Virginia :mad:, the charging network was great and everything was within 5 minutes of the hwy.

If I'd been in a Tesla, I would have spent probably an hour longer charging each trip. That is a major advantage of the Porsche 800V technology. I think the reviewers completely missed this major advance in technology and of course, convenience.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have to disagree with this. I've now taken my Taycan Turbo S on two long distance trips (1300 miles RT) and I only had to 'wait' for charging once, and that was 10 minutes, when I needed 96% to make it home. Otherwise, all my charging was done in 20 minutes or so, and I took the time to stretch and head into Walmart/Sheetz for drinks, snacks and a bathroom break. Other than no high power chargers in West Virginia :mad:, the charging network was great and everything was within 5 minutes of the hwy.

If I'd been in a Tesla, I would have spent probably an hour longer charging each trip. That is a major advantage of the Porsche 800V technology. I think the reviewers completely missed this major advance in technology and of course, convenience.
And have you ever tried the other high-speed chargers in West Virginia other than Electrify America?

Deleted member 1697

Dad, mom…
I love you both
Why some tell so horrible things about you ?

Porsche Taycan Edmund’s - Model S vs. Taycan Comparison Review 198AF6CC-F69A-492A-AFBF-4AD2E0C4C0F1

Deleted member 1697

And why have I a so tiny trunk ? And so little room for passengers ?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Point me to those 'other high-speed chargers' in West Virginia.
Oops sorry, I got my states confused. You are correct, there are none in WVA. I was looking at

Gallipolis Municipal Building
CCS/SAE, CHAdeMO
ChargePoint
62.5 kW

Which is in OH not WVA.

I was trying to plan a trip from VA to Cincinnati where my daughter lives. Looks like I would have to go thru PA & add 100 miles to the trip or spend the night in WVA at a Motel with a level 2 (Fairfield Inn in Charleston say they have 2 level 2 chargers)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Oops sorry, I got my states confused. You are correct, there are none in WVA. I was looking at

Gallipolis Municipal Building
CCS/SAE, CHAdeMO
ChargePoint
62.5 kW

Which is in OH not WVA.

I was trying to plan a trip from VA to Cincinnati where my daughter lives. Looks like I would have to go thru PA & add 100 miles to the trip or spend the night in WVA at a Motel with a level 2 (Fairfield Inn in Charleston say they have 2 level 2 chargers)
I've done the Cinti-VA RT a couple times, and you're definitely best to run through PA on 70. Lots of chargers, 70 mph limit and not too many cops...?

ps - be careful about planning to use the hotel chargers. The last one I stayed at had two Tesla's occupying the only charging spots.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I’m grateful to Tesla because is for them that we are driving Taycan, otherwise, legacy automakers would never ever be electric.
That is a marketing lie! The driving force for German "legacy" automakers to build EVs is their biggest market. In 2016, it was clear that "Beijing planned to require that 8 percent of all vehicles sold by carmakers from January 2018 should be hybrid or electric, a deadline that German manufacturers cannot hit."

That is the reason, why Porsche was the first VW brand to come out with an EV because they have a large market in China, but no manufacturing in China. Other VW brands are either too small or have local manufacturing where they can meet the quota. Result of all this: BMW has a Made in China EV iX3 and a few hybrids on the road. Merc has hybrids and EQC on the road. Audi is selling Made in China etron Q2L.

Porsche Taycan Edmund’s - Model S vs. Taycan Comparison Review 20210322_121247

Porsche Taycan Edmund’s - Model S vs. Taycan Comparison Review 20210322_115440

zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just traded my wife’s Model S for a Taycan 4S. We would’ve gotten a plaid so price wise it’s pretty even. I have to say Tesla has a lot of virtues but comfort, ride quality and build quality aren’t part of them.

we really enjoyed having the MS but from a driving and daily use perspective there’s no comparison. My wife is stunned that the Taycan is an EV and can’t believe how well it drives.
Sponsored