Vehicles
Panamera 2018
Country flag
Just 259km Drive so far !!

Anyone met this problem before ?

While driving along, sudden stop and "Electrical fault"

The following error message appeared,

The electrical system fault. Park vehicle safely."

I tried turning it on and off several times, including several minutes between attempts to try to make the car go to deep sleep. No change. Had to be towed away to the dealer. I know there have been some complaints related to the 12v battery, however this incident happened during driving.

The car had 80% battery.

Depending on the dealers findings and interventions, I am now very sceptical to drive the car. Any experiences/advice?
Porsche Taycan Eelectrical system fault Park vehicle safely just 259km drive so far 57221A5D-71A2-4175-BB33-33763DB51181

Porsche Taycan Eelectrical system fault Park vehicle safely just 259km drive so far 1C8F4365-853E-4E31-9ED4-D5350A92419A

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Sorry to hear you have had this issue.

I had this problem last year, luckily for me the issue cleared after leaving for car for about an hour and I haven't had the problem since.

I did have the dealer check for faults when they did a campaign update but they could not find any issues recorded.

A number of others have also seen this issue, as per the above threads and the one I raised below.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/is-this-the-dreaded-12v-battery-issue.1971/#post-40075

bdoc79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just 259km Drive so far !!

Anyone met this problem before ?

While driving along, sudden stop and "Electrical fault"

The following error message appeared,

The electrical system fault. Park vehicle safely."

I tried turning it on and off several times, including several minutes between attempts to try to make the car go to deep sleep. No change. Had to be towed away to the dealer. I know there have been some complaints related to the 12v battery, however this incident happened during driving.

The car had 80% battery.

Depending on the dealers findings and interventions, I am now very sceptical to drive the car. Any experiences/advice?
57221A5D-71A2-4175-BB33-33763DB51181.jpeg

1C8F4365-853E-4E31-9ED4-D5350A92419A.jpeg

bdoc79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yes, I encountered the same problem with my car last week. Driving on freeway at 60mph, error message displays, then lost power. Was able to maneuver vehicle to shoulder to avoid being rear-ended by an 18-wheeler. Dangerous situation. Battery level was at 95% and there are only 800 miles on the car. Car has now been at the dealership for 10 days. Porsche Cars NA and Germany technical support are engaged. The initial diagnosis is a failed high voltage booster, high voltage heater, and fuse box. The HV booster is being shipped from Germany which tells me it's a rare but perhaps recent occurrence. There are also two formal complaints of a similar nature posted on the NHTSA web site.

Porsche Taycan Eelectrical system fault Park vehicle safely just 259km drive so far Electrical system error message
Sponsored