dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Interested to know what miles per kw/h people are getting from their cars now the weather is warming up a little in the UK.

I’ve noticed a marked difference and will now get 2.5ish on a good day which is about 230miles of range and my average since taking delivery in November is at 2.2. Incidentally, I had this really high reading of 3.8 just once on a short blast down a dual carriageway in S+ but never even touched close to that before or since. I figured it was just a some fluke reading?

A lot of my driving is short urban journeys so not totally unsurprising that my 4S CT isn’t getting g crazy range but I just can’t imagine getting the fabled 26-280mile ranges that some owners seem to reach. Interested to hear others experiences.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Averaging around 2.8 mi/kWh since start of April, individual trips from 2.1 for short journeys around town up to 3.5 the other day for 25mls on generally slow A and B roads. CT Turbo on 20" aeros.

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
1.9 mi/kWh is my current average on the app. I do around 10-15 miles per day on a mix of urban and motorway.

Best range I’ve had out of a full tank is 212.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
2.4~2.9 for shortish motorway type stuff in medium traffic.

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
Around 2.5 since start of May. 4s ST on 21” . Not done a long journey yet, hoping to see 3.0 as we get near summer!

Gra13

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo 4s
Country flag
Going to Scotland from Southampton in July so that should give me a real understanding on range and charging.

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Going to Scotland from Southampton in July so that should give me a real understanding on range and charging.
Would be really interested to see what you get. Drove to Manchester from Suffolk in November and only got 2.0 m/kWh but the car was new and the weather wasn’t great.

It’s definitely improved recently though. Also, my driving style has evolved when I’m trying to be more efficient in the Taycan versus the Tesla I had before. I find I coast a lot more in the Porsche but in the Tesla the regen never allowed that.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Just been out for a 66 mile round trip. Mostly motorway with some roadworks. 2.6m/kWh. Much longer trip last week - 125 miles each way. Got 2.9 and 2.8 there and back. Pre heated before going but not before returning

OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My average has been 2.5 with a high of 3.0 and plenty of 2.1 or 2.2 on shorter journeys.
Around 2.1-2.3 seems pretty normal when the thermometer gets into double figures even on shorter journeys. I’ve only ever touched 3.0 on mixed driving. 2.5 seems to be my max on the motorway and that’s driving “sensibly” in more favourable conditions. I’m perplexed by the claims of 270 miles+ claimed ranges of some people. It’s really not an issue for me I just wonder how they do it unless they have Miss Daisy in the rear seat and the wind behind them!

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
3.0 mi/kWh (209 Wh/km) today. About 200 miles trip, perfectly dry roads, 10 degrees C. Little motorway, mostly country roads. GTS ST with 21" Mission E.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Temp does seem to make a significant difference. Got my car late February. Florida temps were upper 60's, low 70's. Babying the car and driving conservatively most trips, other than in town errands, were 3.3 or 3.4 miles/kWh. Temps moved into the upper 70's, low 80's, and I would occasionally see 3.7, 3.8 miles/kWh even with driving the car a little harder. Just headed North to NJ from Florida. Temps steadily dropped to lower 50's, upper 40's. Leg to first charger was 3.4 and headed down from there right along with the temperature to 3.0 miles/kWh on the last leg of the trip. Highway the whole way with speeds of 70 to 75 mph, moving along with traffic. 20" summer tires.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
2.5 mi/Kwh (moderately spirited country road) to 2.8 mi/Kwh (pootling around in mixed urban/motorway in traffic). This is in a CT Turbo with 20" turbo aero wheels.

I have had 3.0 hyper-milling at around 65-70 mph on a motorway in light traffic for a 220 mile trip to avoid a charging stop, but now I prefer to drive normally and take the hit to stop to charge for 10 mins or so.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Turbo ST on 21’s. Depending on trip and right foot, I’m getting 2.5-2.8. When it rises above 15°C I think I’ll hit 3 on longer journeys. The wheels are definitely a factor as I saw 2.9 in February in fairly low temps
Sponsored