wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Just got the car 2 days ago- does anybody know how to default the initial in car setting such that Electric Sport Sound is turned on? (Don't laugh) LOL.
When I get into the car each and every time it seems to be defaulting to "off". I can't seem to find in a profile how to have it set as a default. Does this only have to be done in "Individual?" I'd like to have it in the normal default without having to change drive setting.
TIA.
Sponsored

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was hoping they fixed this with the 2022, but sounds like they did not.

I recall it turns on automatically with Sports Mode (regardless if you have Chrono or not). Otherwise, you may need to have Sports Chrono and configure for your Individual mode.

I didn't option Chrono so hope pressing the Sports button turns it on.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got the car 2 days ago- does anybody know how to default the initial in car setting such that Electric Sport Sound is turned on? (Don't laugh) LOL.
When I get into the car each and every time it seems to be defaulting to "off". I can't seem to find in a profile how to have it set as a default. Does this only have to be done in "Individual?" I'd like to have it in the normal default without having to change drive setting.
TIA.
it will default to off in the normal profile. if you have the chrono package you can set it to be on in sports or sports+
get the porsche good to know app, many topics like this are covered

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Many people (myself included) program their steering wheel Diamond button to control the sport sound. This way it’s a simple click and you can have it run in Normal mode without needing to switch drive modes or go into the PCM. There is no ability to have it set to be on by default in Normal, Sport or Range modes.

OP
OP
wurzitup

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Thank you all for your replies- seems like an oversight on Porsches part.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Many people (myself included) program their steering wheel Diamond button to control the sport sound. This way it’s a simple click and you can have it run in Normal mode without needing to switch drive modes or go into the PCM. There is no ability to have it set to be on by default in Normal, Sport or Range modes.
I have the steering wheel diamond as garage opener and the soft diamond as sport sound. Honestly wish I hadn’t ordered sports sound, it’s a waste IMO

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the steering wheel diamond as garage opener and the soft diamond as sport sound. Honestly wish I hadn’t ordered sports sound, it’s a waste IMO
agreed, it is a silly parlor trick, like the tesla fart sound generator.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
agreed, it is a silly parlor trick, like the tesla fart sound generator.
Well... I accidentally hit a speed on the way home from the dealership that I really should not have hit. I won't even share the number. I blame it on the amazing suspension, acoustic glass, and the comfortable seats! When I turn on the sport sound I at least can tell I've laid down some power. Ironically, it helps me drive more slowly!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Well... I accidentally hit a speed on the way home from the dealership that I really should not have hit. I won't even share the number. I blame it on the amazing suspension, acoustic glass, and the comfortable seats! When I turn on the sport sound I at least can tell I've laid down some power. Ironically, it helps me drive more slowly!
yes, the lack of engine feedback can cause driving at high speeds. but IMHO the noise the fake noise becomes white noise real quick

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
What a profile pic. Magnificent.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
yes, the lack of engine feedback can cause driving at high speeds. but IMHO the noise the fake noise becomes white noise real quick
Ah, interesting... I've only had the car a few days so perhaps it won't be as salient a few weeks down the line. Also, I have the (pretty rudimentary and unimpressive) HUD so truly I'm the only one to blame.

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
TIA.
I'm also super bummed that it can't be defaulted, and I've had to set mine on the "individual" profile. Then of course I have to get used to always moving to that profile when I turn on the car (also annoying that it can not default).

I know the sport sound is like Marmite (love it or hate it). I'm in the love camp. Always turn it on.