Electric Sport Sound through the steering wheel button?

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
Hello! I’ve recently posted two threads about the the deep humming at 50-65 km/h in my RWD 2022. Only in first gear, in the range mode it is not there. The recent update didn’t improve this and Porsche keeps saying this is a product feature and not - as I think - a product failure. A recent drive in a relatively new RWD supports this. No humming. In my car is started after about 5000 km.

I don’t have Sport Chrono, so I can’t program an individual setting with range mode and normal suspension (my favorite and safe height with all the speedbumps). That’s why I consider to have the Electric Sport Sound installed, to ‘overrule’ the irritating humming from time to time. But that’s only an option if I can switch it on and off with the programmable button on the steering wheel, instead with the PCM.
My question to owners who have the Electic Sport Sound option: is this sound programmable with the steering wheel button?
Sponsored

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Yes it’s programmable to the wheel buttons for me.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
Bennie

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Omar for your quick reaction, good to hear that it’s programmable. Then the Sport Sound could be an option for me. I know it’s subjective, but what’s your user experience of the sound?

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I quite liked the novelty of it at first, but to be honest, I tend to run with it off most of the time. I now only turn it on when im in a built up area and want pedestrians to hear the car.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
PMFJI I liked it so little on the demo car I switched it off after a couple of minutes and didn’t spec it on my order.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
I quite liked the novelty of it at first, but to be honest, I tend to run with it off most of the time. I now only turn it on when im in a built up area and want pedestrians to hear the car.
I live on a narrow lane that is also part of an estuary trail with lots of cyclists and walkers, I see no difference in behaviour with sound on and I’m not convinced it can be heard from outside. I hate ‘tooting’ people so end up trying to make polite requests with the window open, only to realise some of the cyclists have earphones in!

OP
OP
Bennie

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PMFJI I liked it so little on the demo car I switched it off after a couple of minutes and didn’t spec it on my order.
Same with me, I also switched it off. Nevertheless it now gives me the opportunity to suppress the humming.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I live on a narrow lane that is also part of an estuary trail with lots of cyclists and walkers, I see no difference in behaviour with sound on and I’m not convinced it can be heard from outside. I hate ‘tooting’ people so end up trying to make polite requests with the window open, only to realise some of the cyclists have earphones in!
Of course it’’s heard outside, there are dedicated (outside) speakers.
I tested with the sheep herd. When i’m coming home, they are usually close to the fence and they are running away if i turn sports sound on…while they still lie down when it’s off.
Btw: i use 2nd diamond button on the screen, not on a steering wheel.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello! I’ve recently posted two threads about the the deep humming at 50-65 km/h in my RWD 2022. Only in first gear, in the range mode it is not there. The recent update didn’t improve this and Porsche keeps saying this is a product feature and not - as I think - a product failure. A recent drive in a relatively new RWD supports this. No humming. In my car is started after about 5000 km.

I don’t have Sport Chrono, so I can’t program an individual setting with range mode and normal suspension (my favorite and safe height with all the speedbumps). That’s why I consider to have the Electric Sport Sound installed, to ‘overrule’ the irritating humming from time to time. But that’s only an option if I can switch it on and off with the programmable button on the steering wheel, instead with the PCM.
My question to owners who have the Electic Sport Sound option: is this sound programmable with the steering wheel button?
Yes and don't bother!

E Sport Sound is tedious and tiring once the novelty wears off.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I use it everytime I drive locally, and enjoy it. The throttle up and down is more engaging. When my wife is in the car, I turn it off since she doesn't really like it.

I also turn it off on road trips and when I just want the most serene experience possible. Although the sport sound is not really noticeable at high speeds, at low speeds, it's not just sound. It also adds a slight vibration to the car/steering wheel which may or may not be desirable.

OP
OP
Bennie

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I use it everytime I drive locally, and enjoy it. The throttle up and down is more engaging. When my wife is in the car, I turn it off since she doesn't really like it.

I also turn it off on road trips and when I just want the most serene experience possible. Although the sport sound is not really noticeable at high speeds, at low speeds, it's not just sound. It also adds a slight vibration to the car/steering wheel which may or may not be desirable.
Thanks! I think that’s just the motivation I need to have it installed. The fact that you can choose and that it then adds something and on other occasions explicit not, is just fine. Perfect way of describing it submatrix!
Sponsored