Electric Sports Sound - is Output Source the Stereo Speakers or Dedicated Speakers?

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the info... I also have an annoying sound coming from the driver door panel when hitting rough roads... need to wait until next month to bring in my car for a software recall and for them to look at the noise... I prefer a louder e-sound outside to warn pedestrians.... would be driving behind a bunch of kids on the road and they don't hear me and don't want to honk them either...
Sponsored

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Thanks for the info... I also have an annoying sound coming from the driver door panel when hitting rough roads... need to wait until next month to bring in my car for a software recall and for them to look at the noise... I prefer a louder e-sound outside to warn pedestrians.... would be driving behind a bunch of kids on the road and they don't hear me and don't want to honk them either...
True stealth has been achieved! LOL

golgobot

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ditto. Mine's getting removed as well as the trunk beeper.
I know I’m two years late to this thread, but how the heck do you remove the trunk beeping. I absolutely hate it.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Is this the warning buzzer that the tailgate is closing when done remotely?

How often are you guys closing it this way to get irritated by it? 😁

When I'm closing from the driver seat I have no real way of knowing if the coast is fully clear....and it's usually going to be my kids in the way. I see it more as a benefit as a result.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I know I’m two years late to this thread, but how the heck do you remove the trunk beeping. I absolutely hate it.
In addition to the hardware modification solutions that @bsclywilly linked to above, it is possible to disable the beeper via some setting in the diagnostic mode of PIWIS. I had a dealership tech who was fluent in German (diagnostic mode is all in German) and changed this setting for me, but when he left the dealership the other techs could not find it to help other customers.
Is this the warning buzzer that the tailgate is closing when done remotely?

How often are you guys closing it this way to get irritated by it? 😁

When I'm closing from the driver seat I have no real way of knowing if the coast is fully clear....and it's usually going to be my kids in the way. I see it more as a benefit as a result.
In North America, the beeper is required to sound (loudly) even when you're standing in front of the trunk and close it via one of the buttons on the trunk lid.

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Can I piggy back on this and ask if there is a way to increase the volume of the sports sound ?? I have it but it sounds very low.

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
Can I piggy back on this and ask if there is a way to increase the volume of the sports sound ?? I have it but it sounds very low.
Not as part of the factory install no. In my opinion Porsche got the volume just right. Any louder and it would be annoying. Some people already think it is🙄

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Things like this seem a bit daft to constrain.... It would seem easy to allow the volume to adjusted (a la nav voice).

Similarly it would seem pretty easy to allow settings to be remembered or not to the user's preference, rather than the Porsche programmer intern's. (And to exclude choice where regulatory requirements dictate).

This is what really irritates about PCM - it's so very nearly excellent and wouldn't take much to get it spot on. All the developers really need to do is drive a few cars from other manufacturers to see what's possible. Or, god forbid, ask customers!
Sponsored