Electric Steering Wheel Adjustment Taycan GTS

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone could give a response concerning electric steering wheel adjustment. I believe it’s specified in my GTS 18 way seats but I heard that some Taycan models are not getting the electronic adjustment but a manual one. Has anyone collected a GTS recently and if so what was your equipment (electric or manual adjustment). Thanks in advance to all.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone could give a response concerning electric steering wheel adjustment. I believe it’s specified in my GTS 18 way seats but I heard that some Taycan models are not getting the electronic adjustment but a manual one. Has anyone collected a GTS recently and if so what was your equipment (electric or manual adjustment). Thanks in advance to all.
You will be told by the dealer if there is a supply issue.

I locked mine last week and no mention of any issue.

Problems earlier in the year where this was an option rather than standard fit.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
You will be told by the dealer if there is a supply issue.

I locked mine last week and no mention of any issue.

Problems earlier in the year where this was an option rather than standard fit.
My dealer never told me anything at the time of ordering and i think my car went into production this week. So I walked in to the dealership and asked them just to make sure it wouldn’t be an issue and the young lad there said they can’t be sure and it is a “lottery” at the moment! I said that’s no good and it’s an expensive lottery at that!!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My dealer never told me anything at the time of ordering and i think my car went into production this week. So I walked in to the dealership and asked them just to make sure it wouldn’t be an issue and the young lad there said they can’t be sure and it is a “lottery” at the moment! I said that’s no good and it’s an expensive lottery at that!!
It will be fine

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Uh. When I picked up my car, i had been checking on the different recalls and possible missing parts and/or delays every step of the way. It was fine...
Until it wasn't: They still surprised me the day of delivery with a missing electronic steering wheel adjustment.

Hope for the best. But be prepared the day of delivery to check on all these things.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Uh. When I picked up my car, i had been checking on the different recalls and possible missing parts and/or delays every step of the way. It was fine...
Until it wasn't: They still surprised me the day of delivery with a missing electronic steering wheel adjustment.

Hope for the best. But be prepared the day of delivery to check on all these things.
Which model do you have? I heard anything spec wise below a GTS won’t get it anymore. Do you have 18 way adjustable seats?

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which model do you have? I heard anything spec wise below a GTS won’t get it anymore. Do you have 18 way adjustable seats?
4S with 18 way seats.

This was less about GTS vs. 4S spec, but more about how Porsche/Porsche dealers handle any deviation from spec. When I ordered my car, it was definitely in spec. And I checked on the status every step of the way. Day of delivery, a few things were not meeting expectations.

Be prepared for surprises, and how you want to react.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
4S with 18 way seats.

This was less about GTS vs. 4S spec, but more about how Porsche/Porsche dealers handle any deviation from spec. When I ordered my car, it was definitely in spec. And I checked on the status every step of the way. Day of delivery, a few things were not meeting expectations.

Be prepared for surprises, and how you want to react.
To be honest I think I will be quite angry. Spending all that money and not getting what you want is a bit of a joke.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
My GTS was delivered a few weeks ago, and (luckily) it included the electric steering wheel adjustments.
However, with supply chains what they are, that's no indication on what future deliveries might exclude.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
My GTS was delivered a few weeks ago, and (luckily) it included the electric steering wheel adjustments.
However, with supply chains what they are, that's no indication on what future deliveries might exclude.
Thanks. Did your dealership know before hand if it was fitted. My one told me today they won’t know until it arrives! 🙄

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
My dealer is not sure mine will have it or not. Another local dealer said the GTS will have it so at the moment I have no idea.

Pretty appalling considering how much we are paying.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
My dealer is not sure mine will have it or not. Another local dealer said the GTS will have it so at the moment I have no idea.

Pretty appalling considering how much we are paying.
Couldn’t agree with you more. My sentiments exactly.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
CT4S with 14 ways seats….3rd week of July build. I picked it up at the dealer this week with the comfort access included….I think it is a situational thing. Hopefully shortages will subside going forward.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Thanks. Did your dealership know before hand if it was fitted. My one told me today they won’t know until it arrives! 🙄
No, the dealership wasn’t able to say with any accuracy. The most they could tell me was nothing had been flagged on my spec / build.
I feel for the SA’s, they are as frustrated at being left in the dark by Porsche as much as we are!
Sponsored