Electric Steering Wheel Adjustment Taycan GTS

HowDoYouChargeIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 CT 4S
Country flag
Sounds right, think this issue started with 23s?

I've got a 23 CT4S arriving soon and am prepared for the manual movement. Thankfully even in my macan with electronic adjustment that can be programmed to a seat button, my wife never changed hers to be different from my position. Hoping the same applies for the new car!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Sounds right, think this issue started with 23s?

I've got a 23 CT4S arriving soon and am prepared for the manual movement. Thankfully even in my macan with electronic adjustment that can be programmed to a seat button, my wife never changed hers to be different from my position. Hoping the same applies for the new car!
Hopefully you get it anyway. It’s helpful in getting in and out of the car.

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone could give a response concerning electric steering wheel adjustment. I believe it’s specified in my GTS 18 way seats but I heard that some Taycan models are not getting the electronic adjustment but a manual one. Has anyone collected a GTS recently and if so what was your equipment (electric or manual adjustment). Thanks in advance to all.
My 2021 CT4S had the electric adjustor spec'ed, however, was delivered without and was told it would be retrofitted. After just under a year, they said impossible to retrofit due to continued semiconductor/parts shortages and they paid my ¥160,000 for my grief. At that time FX would make that US$ 1,500. I believe ~ 100,000 yen was the cost of the option, and the rest was for my pain and grief, so to speak.

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
GTS ST collected a few weeks ago and electric steering column included.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
My understanding is that if it is standard spec (GTS, Turbo, Turbo S or Bose on Turbo etc) then it can’t leave Germany without it. If it is optional (4S or Bose on that model etc) then it could get withdrawn

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My CT4S with 14-way built in April-July 22 was delivered with the electric adjustment.
Given the tales about its lack of availibility back when the car was being built I wasn’t expecting much but was pleasantly surprised, though if it weren’t part of the moving the seat back an wheel up when you open the door I would only have used it once.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
My understanding is that if it is standard spec (GTS, Turbo, Turbo S or Bose on Turbo etc) then it can’t leave Germany without it. If it is optional (4S or Bose on that model etc) then it could get withdrawn
I hope you are right mate! The other frustrating thing is that Porsche do not necessarily tell you all this themselves. You have to be registered in forums such as this to understand what’s going on. I really appreciate this website and the views, opinions and experiences of all users. It’s been really helpful.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
My understanding was that until parts shortages recovered, electric steering wheel adjustment would be omitted from 4S, CT4, and RWD models only, while GTS, Turbo and Turbo S would still have them.

Just took delivery of my 2023 GTS on thursday and it has the 14-way comfort seats and electric steering wheel adjustment. Also has Bose, thankfully. For my late October build date, the only option that my SA contacted me about removing due to parts shortages right before my freeze date in late September was the VLC roof. So I had to remove it and settle for the regular glass pano roof in order to keep my build date as scheduled.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
My understanding was that until parts shortages recovered, electric steering wheel adjustment would be omitted from 4S, CT, and RWD models only, while GTS, Turbo and Turbo S would still have them.

Just took delivery of my 2023 GTS on thursday and it has the 14-way comfort seats and electric steering wheel adjustment. Also has Bose, thankfully. For my late October build date, the only option that my SA contacted me about removing due to parts shortages right before my freeze date in late September was the VLC roof. So I had to remove it and settle for the regular glass pano roof in order to keep my build date as scheduled.
Thanks mate. That’s handy to know.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I hope you are right mate! The other frustrating thing is that Porsche do not necessarily tell you all this themselves. You have to be registered in forums such as this to understand what’s going on. I really appreciate this website and the views, opinions and experiences of all users. It’s been really helpful.
According to me SE it is to do with parts homolgation and emissions related things. If the model is tested with things as standard (including for example Bose) then it must be supplied with those things for its certification (?) to remain valid. But for optional extras this does not apply. I think for similar reasons when they crash test cars they will have things like the PCM even though this wouldn’t really affect the results of the test.

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
MY23 only GTS and higher will get the electric steering wheel column. It's not an option for 4/4S anymore. Doesn't matter if you choose 18 way seats.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
MY23 only GTS and higher will get the electric steering wheel column. It's not an option for 4/4S anymore. Doesn't matter if you choose 18 way seats.
I heard this too. Is there any tangible evidence of this or statement from Porsche?

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
I heard this too. Is there any tangible evidence of this or statement from Porsche?
In the configurator in EU it does not specify electric steering column as part of what you get in the 14 or 18 way seats package anymore. And hasn't done it for months. Also no 4/4S delivered in Norway that is MY23 so far has it. GTS delivered as MY23 has it.
Sponsored