Electric system fault - park vehicle safely!

Porsche electric!

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
So ordered in December, arrived 10 days ago - and more than pleased with the car.

Last night, car came up with red electrical system fault - park vehicle safely warning. I pulled over, switched off and on, but fault remained. I was about half a mile from home, so carefully drove home. Fault remained on all the way. Switched off, locked car, opened car and switched on again - fault still there. Did not charge or anything else. Porsche assist came out (about 3 hours after event) and car started fine.

During event - Battery was lowest it had been - about 50 miles range, car battery interestingly had dropped to 13.1v and in the previous 200 miles of ownership it had been constantly at 13.4v.

Dealer looked at it today - pre-val, there was an inactive fault on the HV charge unit, and some 'sparodic faults'. Carried out post Val - and no relevant faults - only 'fault' present was low range!

Dealers words were very careful when handing it back - no reason why you cannot continue to drive. This event was no real hassle for me (I was close to home and I could change cars).

Option 1 - continue to drive and just put it down to the electrical system maybe somehow getting out of sync with the software. Which I think is what the dealer would prefer.

Option 2 - book it in for circa two days further diagnostics - presumably the dealer would have to try and trigger the fault again (low range, air con on etc.).

Any views on the what could be causing the fault, What would you do?

Porsche Taycan Electric system fault - park vehicle safely! 16225690356732056507427092973716

Porsche Taycan Electric system fault - park vehicle safely! DSC_0388.JPG

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
note to mods,
these thread should be merged into on mega thread

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Option 1 - continue to drive and just put it down to the electrical system maybe somehow getting out of sync with the software. Which I think is what the dealer would prefer.

Option 2 - book it in for circa two days further diagnostics - presumably the dealer would have to try and trigger the fault again (low range, air con on etc.).

Any views on the what could be causing the fault, What would you do?
If it was me, I would keep driving the car until it happens again. Then must go back to the shop...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Odd. 13.4v is the norm so perhaps the sensor is over sensitive and reports a fault when it drops below.

Sounds like another 12v "issue" rather than the main HV battery.
Sponsored