Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
After replying on different threads about not having any problems with my car - Wham, I get hit with "Electrical System Error. Service necessary".

Story: I drove to my cousin's house in Mississippi one weekend. On the way back hame, I was charging at an EA station in Douglasville, GA when that error message popped up and the car shut down. I was calm at first. I totally shut the car down and restarted it. Message still there and it would only go into neutral. Now I'm starting to freak out. Freaking out because 1) I'm 142 miles from home; 2) it's 1 am and I'm in some strip mall parking lot with no security around; and 3) I'm by myself (although I did have a little friend with me). After restarting the car and no change, I called roadside assistance. They dispatched a tow truck but with COVID restrictions, I am not allowed to ride in the truck. Where am I supposed to go/do at 1 am and 140 miles from anyone I know? More freaking out!!!

I get a text from the tow company - ETA 120 - 240 minutes!! Panic turns to outrage at this point. Since there is nothing I can do and the car is dead, I decided to search the forum to see what others may have posted. Of course there were many threads. Temp fixes all pointed to shutting the car down, locking it, and letting it sit for 20 to 30 minutes. I waited about 45 minutes, restarted the car and fault was gone!!! I cancelled the tow and made my way home - driving conservatively!

Many thanks to this forum and the numerous posters out there!

Moral of the story: Keep posting no matter how big or small you think your problem is/was. You might help out a fellow motorist!!
Porsche Taycan Electrical System Error!! 20220131_005646
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
Any news from the dealer on what the issue was?
No news yet. The one technician that is Taycan qualified has been on leave. They are supposed to look at Friday when I take it back. I didn't want to leave it at the dealership until the technician came back from vacation.

I haven't had any problems or seen that warning since but I am still going to have them check it out.

Richie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, MB EQS 580
Country flag
After replying on different threads about not having any problems with my car - Wham, I get hit with "Electrical System Error. Service necessary".

Story: I drove to my cousin's house in Mississippi one weekend. On the way back hame, I was charging at an EA station in Douglasville, GA when that error message popped up and the car shut down. I was calm at first. I totally shut the car down and restarted it. Message still there and it would only go into neutral. Now I'm starting to freak out. Freaking out because 1) I'm 142 miles from home; 2) it's 1 am and I'm in some strip mall parking lot with no security around; and 3) I'm by myself (although I did have a little friend with me). After restarting the car and no change, I called roadside assistance. They dispatched a tow truck but with COVID restrictions, I am not allowed to ride in the truck. Where am I supposed to go/do at 1 am and 140 miles from anyone I know? More freaking out!!!

I get a text from the tow company - ETA 120 - 240 minutes!! Panic turns to outrage at this point. Since there is nothing I can do and the car is dead, I decided to search the forum to see what others may have posted. Of course there were many threads. Temp fixes all pointed to shutting the car down, locking it, and letting it sit for 20 to 30 minutes. I waited about 45 minutes, restarted the car and fault was gone!!! I cancelled the tow and made my way home - driving conservatively!

Many thanks to this forum and the numerous posters out there!

Moral of the story: Keep posting no matter how big or small you think your problem is/was. You might help out a fellow motorist!!
20220131_005646.jpg

Richie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had the same issue this week....2021 Turbo S was flat bedded to dealership.....good news - service manager said it was a defective heater core; bad news- no parts, 2 weeks minimum

Why would the car be programmed to kill the car entirely rather than just the heater?

OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
The dealer said they didn't see any error codes. They said, if it happens again, bring it back.
So far, no other issues.

Richie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had the same issue this week....2021 Turbo S was flat bedded to dealership.....good news - service manager said it was a defective heater core; bad news- no parts, 2 weeks minimum

Why would the car be programmed to kill the car entirely rather than just the heater?
Me again…..car was returned 2 weeks ago ( was at the dealer for 3 weeks) having had the heater core and A/C condenser replaced…..it bricked again yesterday……

OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
Me again…..car was returned 2 weeks ago ( was at the dealer for 3 weeks) having had the heater core and A/C condenser replaced…..it bricked again yesterday……
Richie,

Sorry you are having these issues with the car. I took mine in for an update and asked them to run a systems check in conjunction with the update. Nothing came back.
Still haven't had any more issues / electrical system faults.
So far that has been the only thing that has happened.
Hope they figure out the problem soon!!

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Given that the cabin and traction battery share the same thermal management system, I suspect the Taycan is shutting down to protect any thermal damage to the traction battery.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sad, but unfortunately a reality of living with the Taycan. Hopefully a few years from now they will be able to figure out how to sell an electric car that works.

alipiyarali

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am very new to the forum. I just received delivery of my 2022 Taycan (~ 4 month delay). After roughly 200 miles, a week into ownership, I get the same Electrical System Fault. I am in the middle of a very busy street and the car is just dead as a doorknob. I call Porsche for a tow and the automated system gives me a tow operator (that eventually cancels the request). In the meantime police are behind me. This is my first Porsche but was expecting better service and to be honest a more reliable car. Finally got it towed to the dealership in Bellevue and they are 'diagnosing' the problem. Speculation is software error. I understand software (as i worked in the industry for 20 years) and this does not sound good. Hopefully it is just an upgrade but it has really spooked me. What if I were in the middle of the freeway or my wife/kids driving. Would appreciate any insight. Just learned from the forum about waiting and restarting (I tried that but did not wait the suggested 20-30 min wait). Any insight would be appreciated

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I am very new to the forum. I just received delivery of my 2022 Taycan (~ 4 month delay). After roughly 200 miles, a week into ownership, I get the same Electrical System Fault. I am in the middle of a very busy street and the car is just dead as a doorknob. I call Porsche for a tow and the automated system gives me a tow operator (that eventually cancels the request). In the meantime police are behind me. This is my first Porsche but was expecting better service and to be honest a more reliable car. Finally got it towed to the dealership in Bellevue and they are 'diagnosing' the problem. Speculation is software error. I understand software (as i worked in the industry for 20 years) and this does not sound good. Hopefully it is just an upgrade but it has really spooked me. What if I were in the middle of the freeway or my wife/kids driving. Would appreciate any insight. Just learned from the forum about waiting and restarting (I tried that but did not wait the suggested 20-30 min wait). Any insight would be appreciated
Sorry about your troubles. I hope it works out well :(

I have an unrelated question! A lot of us are waiting for cars to be delivered and are missing 12V batteries. Was your car waiting for a 12V battery before it got delivered? Any idea?

alipiyarali

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I do not have any outstanding equipment or missing items (just my entire car :( at the dealership). Not sure if Lemon Law applies?

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Lemon law only applies after a series of lost time and incidents. You can look up the specifics for your state.

Sorry to hear about your issues. Fortunately when I had this issue it didn't disable my vehicle as it was only a yellow error. Did you have a red error message and/or turtle icon? If it was yellow, is it possible the car was actually still operable but you didn't realize it?

Please keep us updated.
Sponsored