magnusch

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of electrical system fault/error posts on FB. From what I see, Taycans that are getting that message seem to be the ones with the 19.6/22 kWh upgraded AC charger. Is this what everyone is getting at too or is it just me?

and how often does the “lock the car, take your keys away for 15 mins and return” trick actually work?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I just got the message yesterday, after a few minutes the car did reset.
I am used to glitches from the wonky PCM but not being able to start the car is not a good experience.

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY21 4S with performance battery plus and 22kW onboard charger. I have PMCC in my garage with departure timers and charging limits set in my profile. I received an "error during charging" message on the Connect app. I then checked my PMCC and discovered it had no power. I checked my breaker and the circuit had been tripped. I unplugged the car and reset the breaker. The PMCC then booted back up. I thought everything was fine.

Then I received the "Electrical system error" "service necessary" message. The car powered on, but would not go into gear. Not driveable. I called my dealer, and they referred my to Porsche Roadside Assistance who then sent a flatbed for towing to my dealership.

Now the tech tells me that the vehicle's internal charging unit requires replacement, and the part is coming from Germany - and will take 5-6 weeks!

In the meantime, a Macan S loaner will be provided.

This is on top of multiple PCM issues I have had and several trips to the dealership for rattles and software issues.

Thoughts?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Never happened to me (yet).
CT4, MY21, charging 22kwh at work, 11kwh at home (never charged on fast charger.yet)

Christian J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 1997 C2S, 1979 Turbo, 1976 3.0
Country flag
I have a MY21 4S with performance battery plus and 22kW onboard charger. I have PMCC in my garage with departure timers and charging limits set in my profile. I received an "error during charging" message on the Connect app. I then checked my PMCC and discovered it had no power. I checked my breaker and the circuit had been tripped. I unplugged the car and reset the breaker. The PMCC then booted back up. I thought everything was fine.

Then I received the "Electrical system error" "service necessary" message. The car powered on, but would not go into gear. Not driveable. I called my dealer, and they referred my to Porsche Roadside Assistance who then sent a flatbed for towing to my dealership.

Now the tech tells me that the vehicle's internal charging unit requires replacement, and the part is coming from Germany - and will take 5-6 weeks!

This is on top of multiple PCM issues I have had and several trips to the dealership for rattles and software issues.

Thoughts?
I had this issue - on 4/21. I'm still waiting for a lithium cell.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
this happened to me, I waited about 10 minutes and the error cleared. the car goes in for the ANA 6 update next week and they will also check this fault.

Reactions: B61

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
this happened to me, I waited about 10 minutes and the error cleared. the car goes in for the ANA 6 update next week and they will also check this fault.
I never had this error before on my MY2022 until August 8th. I got my car in December. August 9th-12th I had ANA6 update. Today I got the Electrical System Error for the 2nd time. I do have the 19.2kw charger.

hamilaird

First Name
hamilton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 RWD taycan
Country flag
I've gotten this error twice now (currently sitting in parking lot waiting for a tow), but it's been when I'm at 15% charge. Is this what you are all experiencing too, or does this happen at even when not low on battery?

Olli-X

First Name
Oli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

Thoughts?

Olli-X

First Name
Oli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My 4s is dead since 1st August, same error message, no movement possible anymore;

No reset by turning-off / waiting 30 minutes, 1 hour or 1 day possible (like at previous errors I experienced).

Battery was nearly fully charged because I wanted to start a long drive; towed by Porsche service; at Porsche service since 3rd August 2022; 3 cells of high voltage battery and possibly controller need to be replaced according to Porsche headquarter; delivery date unknown I was told today.

Taycan 4s 02/2020, 12000 Km; perform. battery; no 22 kW onboard charger; carefully driven and charged; all service software updates performed; several other issues in 2020/2021 and calls of Porsche service; including complete lost of e-motor power while driving on the Bundesstrasse.

Mid October 2022: 3 main battery cells have been changed at Porsche service but problem could not be solved. Now a change of the complete main battery is planned. Car is at service since 3rd August 2022.

Last edited:

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Just had this at 82% charge tonight. I’ll call Porsche tomorrow and see what’s up.

It’s gone now, after five minutes of being turned off, but I’m not getting stuck in the middle of nowhere with this.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also had this error 3 times on my 2020 Taycan 4S in 2 years.
The good news is that I have never had to tow for that reason.
Just lock car and let it sit for 30min, do not go near it with the key as the comfort access will "wake" the car. Then return and the error self-clears. I had it happen once in early 2021, then this year during my 5000 mile road trip https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/please-welcome-stealth.3531/page-5#post-181645 and again this weekend.
This is a Software issue (or has been for me) as it can be fixed by having car deep sleep.
Ver sad to hear it can happen with ANA6 as stated above https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/electrical-system-fault-error.11995/post-181752
Porsche needs to find and fix this issue ASAP.
Porsche Taycan Electrical system fault/error IMG_6904 copy

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
when this happened in my car I sat in my car with the keys and after 15 minutes or so things returned to normal.
I reported it to my service center while the car was in for the update but they claim it wasn't reported and that they couldn't do anything.
Sponsored