Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Electrify America findings 53F91AA0-2EB1-4DC4-99B5-7AABB5EF0C45

Hello

I found an option in the PCM to enable the plug & charge feature. See picture. All charging stations are not equipped with this feature then it will not work everywhere. If you use the app charging you can filter for EA station having the feature P&P on.

So far I was only using the Charging application. The process was :

• Plug in
  • Start the charging from the application using the charger identifier

This weekend it did not worked and I called EA while at the charger and the lady told me not to use Charging but the new Porsche app. The process is now different:

• you start the charge on the application
  • Then you plug-in
It worked twice already as the Charging application gave me error all the time.

I also found this option Battery-friendly quick charging option.

It is self explanatory but it does not really says what it does in term of charging power. Any idea?

Porsche Taycan Electrify America findings 23385F6F-62C9-4F81-A6E9-90BFF2BAC311

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag

It is self explanatory but it does not really says what it does in term of charging power. Any idea?

23385F6F-62C9-4F81-A6E9-90BFF2BAC311.jpeg
It caps the high speed charging session to a maximum rate of 200kW, even in situations where you have optimal conditions and could get closer to the theoretical maximum of 270kW. See the following video staring at the 3:25 mark for more info on this.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
53F91AA0-2EB1-4DC4-99B5-7AABB5EF0C45.jpeg

Hello

I found an option in the PCM to enable the plug & charge feature. See picture. All charging stations are not equipped with this feature then it will not work everywhere. If you use the app charging you can filter for EA station having the feature P&P on.

So far I was only using the Charging application. The process was :

• Plug in
  • Start the charging from the application using the charger identifier

This weekend it did not worked and I called EA while at the charger and the lady told me not to use Charging but the new Porsche app. The process is now different:

• you start the charge on the application
  • Then you plug-in
It worked twice already as the Charging application gave me error all the time.

23385F6F-62C9-4F81-A6E9-90BFF2BAC311.jpeg
You have better luck than I do. I have tried 6 times with 12 different chargers in the 4 months or so that I have had my 2021 4S to charge at an EA charger and always wound up having to use my credit card as neither the plug and charge nor the "new" myporsche app has done a damned thing for me. My SA told me to uninstall the Charging EA app as it was not needed, and to also dump the old Porsche app as Myporsche was supposed to take over all its features. Yeah good luck with that. I do have the plug and charge enabled in the Charging settings and have tried everything but stand on my head, like trying with car turned off, car turned on, and always follow the on-screen instructions at the EA charger. I tried using the Myporsche app first before plugging in, but I see no place to actually start the charging process, only to monitor it or set it to rapid charge (meaning to full 100% instead of the default 80%). In any event, it did not help, but I AM able to unlock my doors!!!!

Had planned on a road trip to California this summer with a friend, but looks like we will take his ICE car as I do not trust EA anymore. It's stay close to home for me with the Taycan.

OP
OP

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello
In the Porsche app you have to click on the MAP icon then the charge icon and may be your location.
The charging station will shows up and you can select the charger number. At that point you click on START CHARGING.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you so much! I will give it a try in a couple of weeks (only one between Tampa and Orlando) so they are a rarity still.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
You have better luck than I do. I have tried 6 times with 12 different chargers in the 4 months or so that I have had my 2021 4S to charge at an EA charger and always wound up having to use my credit card as neither the plug and charge nor the "new" myporsche app has done a damned thing for me. My SA told me to uninstall the Charging EA app as it was not needed, and to also dump the old Porsche app as Myporsche was supposed to take over all its features. Yeah good luck with that. I do have the plug and charge enabled in the Charging settings and have tried everything but stand on my head, like trying with car turned off, car turned on, and always follow the on-screen instructions at the EA charger. I tried using the Myporsche app first before plugging in, but I see no place to actually start the charging process, only to monitor it or set it to rapid charge (meaning to full 100% instead of the default 80%). In any event, it did not help, but I AM able to unlock my doors!!!!

Had planned on a road trip to California this summer with a friend, but looks like we will take his ICE car as I do not trust EA anymore. It's stay close to home for me with the Taycan.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
May want to try this 8 charger site:
Walk at Highwoods Preserve

18001 Highwoods Preserve Parkway, Tampa, Florida 33647

You should have no issues with plug & charge.
post back if still having issues.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks Bill33525. Why are you guys hogging them all? How about us rubes here in the sticks? :)

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Went back to the EA station I last visited, Hy 27 just north of I-4 near Claremont, FL (350kw). Sun so bright it is exceedingly hard to see the dark myporsche app screen, but I did tap on map, then on the icon for charging and saw a tiny blue dot which I presume was the charger, tapped on it but nothing changed on the screen, so I could not select the charger, then it all timed out as I got a notice No Internet Connection. I had not connected yet to the charger, so after waiting for the EA screen to reset, tried it again, same result. Finally just called EA and after a 5 minute wait on hold, they asked my name, car make, model and year, and VIN. Then they turned it on for me.

No joy again. Plug and charge sucks. Does anyone know how to find my EA customer #? Thought it might be easier to use that on the EA screen since there is a tab for it. Thanks for the help anyway.

BTW , there was an Audi charging there so I know it works.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
yeah I say dumb stuff all the time. Just ask my family.

Called EA and these are the steps she gave me:

Open myporsche app
select acct
activate charging service (it already shows I am activated, but hey, will do it all again.)
tap on map icon
tap on charger icon
select your location (I assume she meant expand the map so you can see right down to the parking lot rather than a larger overview)and tap on it
select plug type (ccs)
select the specific charger you want to use (ID at top of charger)
select start charger
plug in the power connector

Few more steps than I was told, but if it works, so much for plug and charge. Will find out next time I am in need of a charge on the road. BTW, I have no EA customer # as our 3 years free is only with the myporsche app.

TomP

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Carerra 4 GTS, GT4RS
Country flag
Do you have an EA account?
When I setup the Porsche Charging NA app a few years ago - I also created an EA account.

Not sure if that is required with Plug & Charge but may be worth a try.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do you have an EA account?
When I setup the Porsche Charging NA app a few years ago - I also created an EA account.

Not sure if that is required with Plug & Charge but may be worth a try.
If you are using the Porsche free charging, the best thing to do is use the "Charging NA" app, (green icon), it works 100% of the time. Both Porsche connect apps (old and new) are glitchy, the Charging NA seems to be flawless. Open app, pull into charger slot (it will map you to an EA charging station as well), plug your car in, and select the charger number from the list and hit "start charging".

so, find EA charging station on app, plug car in, pick charger you are at on app, hit "start charging" and done. EA and Porsche tell you to use the Porsche app, my Porsche rep, and head tech guy at my dealer said always use the Charging NA app. It's works for me, I'm taking a road trip this weekend, a few hundred miles, I'll post if there are issues. Btw, Charging NA is only for Porsche, it is tagged to your user profile and car.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
If you are using the Porsche free charging, the best thing to do is use the "Charging NA" app, (green icon), it works 100% of the time. Both Porsche connect apps (old and new) are glitchy, the Charging NA seems to be flawless. Open app, pull into charger slot (it will map you to an EA charging station as well), plug your car in, and select the charger number from the list and hit "start charging".

so, find EA charging station on app, plug car in, pick charger you are at on app, hit "start charging" and done. EA and Porsche tell you to use the Porsche app, my Porsche rep, and head tech guy at my dealer said always use the Charging NA app. It's works for me, I'm taking a road trip this weekend, a few hundred miles, I'll post if there are issues. Btw, Charging NA is only for Porsche, it is tagged to your user profile and car.
Although my 2022 Taycan will be delivered by mid-March, I wanted to go ahead and register on the EA app. However, I am unable to specify MY 2022 as the app only accepted MY 2021. Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how do I rectify that?

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Although my 2022 Taycan will be delivered by mid-March, I wanted to go ahead and register on the EA app. However, I am unable to specify MY 2022 as the app only accepted MY 2021. Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, how do I rectify that?
Yes, the EA app does not have a "MY '22" choice yet. Doesn't matter actually, make sure you have a Porsche internet Login and the dealer sets up you car so you can login to the Porsche network on your car PCM dash panel. There is a green overhead LED light [above the rear view mirror] that should be lite. All this will activate the "Plug & Charge" feature for EA chargers. In the charging ICON there is an option to further activate the plug & charge feature. When you pull up to an EA charger and plug in it should take off all by itself.

It's good to have the EA app to find chargers and check status of individual chargers. Finally down loading the PlugShare app is helpful to review checkins from previous drives about the status of a particular site. Hope all this helps.

SteveTaycan101

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Targa 4S; 2016 Macan S; 2022 Taycan RWD TBD
Country flag
Yes, the EA app does not have a "MY '22" choice yet. Doesn't matter actually, make sure you have a Porsche internet Login and the dealer sets up you car so you can login to the Porsche network on your car PCM dash panel. There is a green overhead LED light [above the rear view mirror] that should be lite. All this will activate the "Plug & Charge" feature for EA chargers. In the charging ICON there is an option to further activate the plug & charge feature. When you pull up to an EA charger and plug in it should take off all by itself.

It's good to have the EA app to find chargers and check status of individual chargers. Finally down loading the PlugShare app is helpful to review checkins from previous drives about the status of a particular site. Hope all this helps.
Thanks very much. It will become clearer once my car actually arrives.
Sponsored