Electrify America help

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I know things have changed, because the screens are different, (communicating with vehicle) (that's new) the only one close I go to is in Georgetown KY and none of them worked, says, connecting to vehicle then error, used ea and Porsche connect, called ea support, restarted several times, nada, they are suppose to call when they are operational, anybody have any advice? Not even 150 kw worked.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
EA sucks - they are a broken organization - fast charging for the Taycan in the US is a hit/miss affair - your experience is common and unfortunate - but there is little that we can do until Porsche chooses to care and EA gets it act together.

there is only one EV vendor right now with a reliable fast charging network - we can only hope the CCS network eventually gets better.

I’m hoping it will get better over time.

EVGo and Chargepoint have slightly more reliable networks based on my experience in California - but they are slower with most being 50 kW or less.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
EA & Porsche actually contacted me after I informed them 3 of their 4 charging points were down at the Cocoa FL EA charging station at the Sam's Club. EA claimed to be scheduling a repair crew to visit this site. I hope they bring enough spare parts. the 350 KW & two 50 KW charge points were down. yesterday.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
And don't forget VW has absolutely noting to do with the operation of EA and never had they just put the funds in escrow along with the other car companies as part of their fine and EA was created. EA has to be a fully profitable stand alone company within the next 48 months or less or its gone... Talk about a missed opportunity and bad management, there is no reason why they couldn't have been the new bench mark in EV charging by now except they pushed too hard, too fast and wasted a ton of cash. Just my 2¢
Sponsored