OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
How about that. EA has been busy in Arizona this week. Good news for that southwest driving network if you are headed to SoCal or Vegas from PHX. I have been home for a month and am going a little stir crazy. Maybe it might be time to head that direction since the weather is getting warmer, and I just put my summer tires back on the Taycan.

It seems like EA looks at particular areas and installs chargers in spurts. For instance, late last Spring they did Salina, UT and Green River, UT in May and June, 2020. This Spring they did Kingman, AZ and Quartzsite, AZ. Both sets of chargers near to each other and opened at nearly the same time.

Based on that logic, the chances of seeing a new EA charger on I-25 between Albuquerque and El Paso will not happen for a while. It would be a convenient way to access I-10.
Sponsored

B_TaycanTurbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We took the Taycan from Albuquerque to Las Vegas last week and used the Kingman, AZ charger on the way there and the way back. Both times it worked great. It's in the parking lot of a Smith's grocery store and there are bathrooms inside the store right at the front. Everything worked well and definitely lots of folks asking about the car and those chargers. Had one person ask if that was gasoline and another ask about how much it cost. Also a few folks that seemed to be looking for a hand out. We also used the charger in Williams, AZ, Winslow, AZ, Gallop, NM and Grants, NM. I think the only EA charger we didn't use was the one in Flagstaff. Since it was our first long road trip with the Taycan we stopped fairly frequently to charge but could have easily made it to Las Vegas with only three stops.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Just updating this thread since there was an announcement over the weekend sharing that EA will put 5 stations in more rural parts of Arizona on behalf of Arizona Public Service Co - the utility company.

Once Kingman and Quartzite are open, and these recently announced locations are live, it will be possible to get and from all corners of Arizona in a CCS compatible EV..

Here are the details of the recent announcement:

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/127

Good news for a state that needs coverage. Hopefully, a CCS charger between Albuquerque and El Paso is on the horizon as well.
The five locations will be Prescott, Sedona, Payson, Show Low and Globe. This is September and still no additional info. Supposed to be available in early 2022, will see.
Sponsored