Electrify America Poll

What % of your visits to Electrify America do you complete your session WITHOUT any issues ?

• Less than 25%

• Between 25-50%

• 51-75%

• Over 75%

Results are only viewable after voting.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe the EA initiated free charge "failing" yesterday was just a fluke, working fine today.

Can't initiate a charge through the app at all. I don't know if it's Porsche or EA.. seems like somewhere the signal is getting denied. It's not even attempting to communicate and immediately getting bounced back.

Agree that EA reps have been outstanding.
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I had a nearly perfect charging session today - 109 kW @ Half Moon Bay EA chargers at Bank of America - great charge in 38 min from 59-99% SOC
What? HMB has EA chargers now?!?

Dammit. I wish those were there back in February when I was there. ...sorry, what were you saying?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My trip today had a planned stop at the EA station in Chicopee, MA. The stations there were either unresponsive and required remote reboot OR were under “maintenance” and only running at 50 kWh. The NA Connect app did not work, but the woman I had from EA support (she was from TN and terrific) initiated a free charging session for me. I ended up pulling about 67 kWh for around 30 minutes, which was enough for the rest of my journey and the trip back to Boston (I’m at about 56% battery). Still, the whole thing is a cluster. I’m willing to put up with it for a while as I had time today, but it calls into question whether EA can be counted on or if it’s just a nice side perk.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Yeah, @MissionC - you have to use the Auburn chargers rather than Chicopee. For some reason the charge manager routes backwards sometimes, even when you can easily reach a charger further along the route.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe the EA initiated free charge "failing" yesterday was just a fluke, working fine today.

Can't initiate a charge through the app at all. I don't know if it's Porsche or EA.. seems like somewhere the signal is getting denied. It's not even attempting to communicate and immediately getting bounced back.

Agree that EA reps have been outstanding.
Mine is still failing with an “e-charging station not reachable” message. EA is happy to give a free charge, but insists its a Porsche app issue.

Ticket is open with PCNA, but they seemed entirely unfamiliar with this issue.

If anybody solves, please post the name of the person who solved it for you.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine is still failing with an “e-charging station not reachable” message. EA is happy to give a free charge, but insists its a Porsche app issue.

Ticket is open with PCNA, but they seemed entirely unfamiliar with this issue.

If anybody solves, please post the name of the person who solved it for you.
Encountered the same issue yesterday afternoon. I dutifully filed my Issue report with Porsche Connect via email and then tried (for the keck of it) to call them. "We're sorry, but we are only open M-F 8A to 8P ET. Please call us back when we are open." SIGH

C'mon Porsche, run Porsche Connect like a real online presence, and include 24/7 support! I guess I am only supposed to drive my (very expensive) car on weekdays between 8A and 8P ET.

Toby

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Unless I’ve missed it, I’d be thrilled if the Charging app had a structured way to send in a trouble/support ticket to better capture information about the issue. Having to make phone calls to report issues is time consuming and allows for too much variability.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I received a call back and was told to delete my EA account. There seems to be some intermittent communication issue between the two services when a ChargingNA user also has a EA account. I was skeptical, but deleting my EA account seems to have fixed the problem.

Ginsburl

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640ci
Country flag
I received a call back and was told to delete my EA account. There seems to be some intermittent communication issue between the two services when a ChargingNA user also has a EA account. I was skeptical, but deleting my EA account seems to have fixed the problem.
Would love to see some EA chargers in North Texas. Unfortunately, only thing close is perhaps lotsa Tesla chargers (perhaps masquerading as EA chargers??). Pretty disappointing in view of commitments made by EA.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Would love to see some EA chargers in North Texas. Unfortunately, only thing close is perhaps lotsa Tesla chargers (perhaps masquerading as EA chargers??). Pretty disappointing in view of commitments made by EA.
Larry,

You mean you don't feel like the FOUR chargers currently installed in the DFW "area" are sufficient? :headbang::rolleyes::mad:

There is one to the north in north Denton (I35 and US380), one to the east in Royse City on I30 (waaaay east of Rockwall), one to the south (east) in Ennis on I45 and the one to the west (the one I use) right by Carswell JRB.

It WOULD be nice to have more charger options in Dallas proper. PlugShare does report a number of stations around Dallas, but most are smaller Level 2 EVSEs. Hell, I'm even trying to convince MY building to install some kind of EVSE/DC Fast Charger. I get a lukewarm response to those requests!

I did try to use the chargers at ParkPlace a few weeks ago when I was in need of a charge to get back to Fort Worth. Sadly, the porters either did not know how to use the DC charger or the DC charger was down. And they have yet to update the outside charger to the PMCC with its higher charging rate.

Hope to see you around town. I live by the Galleria and work right by the SMU campus. White 4S.

Toby

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Larry,

You mean you don't feel like the FOUR chargers currently installed in the DFW "area" are sufficient? :headbang::rolleyes::mad:

Ha! I have four EA chargers in my whole state. Not four locations, just One location with Four chargers.

50kw “slow” charging locations? The whole state has only 8.

I’m attempting to put myself in a position to help fix this drought Of Chickens and Eggs.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I would have thought the states would have loads of charging options with all those Tesla’s going about. Maybe in the uk were quite lucky then.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would have thought the states would have loads of charging options with all those Tesla’s going about. Maybe in the uk were quite lucky then.
It is very different in each state. California, Washington? Lots of stations. New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts? Lots.

North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Maine? Not so much.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depends on what state. Unfortunately there is an element of politics in the US when it comes to EVs.

Most fossil fuel producing states here are quite against EVs. There's no rational reason for it, actually quite the opposite. If you consider the amount of electricity produced locally vs gas, EVs would likely do more to support the economy of those states than ICE cars.

But as with most things in the US political pandering trumps all. So EVs get lumped in with everything progressive and become the bad guy.

Last edited:

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any update if Charging America app is now working? Planning for my weekly charge since I am still waiting for my charger to be installed at my condo.
Sponsored