Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This article spells out the price increase. This is no big deal for those of us with a couple of years left on our charging plans, but I wonder if EA is also investing in making their reliability better. Somehow I doubt it.

From the article:

“According to Electrify America, the current price for California Guest and Pass Members is $0.43 per kWh (with a reduction to $0.31 for Pass+ Members who pay the additional $4 monthly fee). As of March 6, 2023, the price will increase to $0.48 per kWh. This translates into a few additional dollars for each recharge, but the company will also be raising the per-minute price from $0.16 to $0.19 for up to 90kW, and from $0.32 to $0.37 for up to 350 kW. These translate into a noticeable boost in cost for the typical EV user.”

https://www.slashgear.com/1188038/e...o-make-fast-charging-your-car-more-expensive/
Sponsored

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
And so in moving cars to electric consumption, the power has been transferred from oil/gas companies to electric- the “savings” on gas will soon be a thing of the past

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I always thought the rates were low, especially the per minute rates. I mean it’s even cheaper than Tesla and Tesla swears that their supercharging fees are not for profit but to maintain and expand the network

luv4eternity

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
Dear Electrify America,

If you want to charge us more, make sure i get 270 kw charging rate. we dont mind.
If i don't consistently get 270kw, the session is free.

sincerely,
every fucking person that uses your dumb unreliable charger

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
can they make the fucking chargers work?
Dude, we took a trip to Orlando last Sunday, judged the distance perfectly for a quick 150/350 charge in Cocoa Beach….I had a 8% state of charge, 14 miles to E upon arrival. Not a single charger would recognize my car….I have charged without many issues at EA for the last ten months near home. We were going to be absolutely stranded…pouring rain, and nowhere to go, except call for a flatbed. Thankfully, I checked Plugshare and a freakin Nissan Dealer was a mile away, and they were kind enough to let us charge up for ninety minutes on their level 2 charger. I took the turnpike home on Monday specifically to avoid EA stations, and of course, the turnpike dispenser I paid for (a meager $12) worked perfectly. I’ll never risk a critical state of charge situation with EA as my charging solution…I mean Never Ever! It’s really an embarrassment.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Dude, we took a trip to Orlando last Sunday, judged the distance perfectly for a quick 150/350 charge in Cocoa Beach….I had a 8% state of charge, 14 miles to E upon arrival. Not a single charger would recognize my car….I have charged without many issues at EA for the last ten months near home. We were going to be absolutely stranded…pouring rain, and nowhere to go, except call for a flatbed. Thankfully, I checked Plugshare and a freakin Nissan Dealer was a mile away, and they were kind enough to let us charge up for ninety minutes on their level 2 charger. I took the turnpike home on Monday specifically to avoid EA stations, and of course, the turnpike dispenser I paid for (a meager $12) worked perfectly. I’ll never risk a critical state of charge situation with EA as my charging solution…I mean Never Ever! It’s really an embarrassment.
Had a similar situation near Lake Tahoe. So embarrassing with my GF there. I almost sold the car

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was furious and embarrassed…my wife was not pleased, not in the least. There were many mutterings of never traveling like that again….renting vehicles, buying a second ICE or Hybrid vehicle for extended road trips. I doubt I’d ever take my vehicle on an extended road trip, it’s great for traveling around South Florida…but the EV charging infrastructure, or the lack thereof, is not where it needs to be. I’ll gladly take the Florida Turnpike going forward for travels to Orlando and Tampa because I am confident there will be functioning chargers available (at a small cost) every forty miles or so. Vent over, thanks for listening.

Oh, for some laughs….this is the closest charger to my home (I don’t have a charger at my condo, it’s a long story….)

This station has been like this for literally weeks…so weak…I’m paying retail for charges now until this gets addressed…total joke-

Porsche Taycan Electrify America raising prices at least 15% starting March 6, 2023 CED3C947-5C14-4D8C-B0E9-D862653F5194

Last edited:

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Guess I’ve been lucky and never got stranded for an EA charge, tho I have had connection issues and low charge rates. A few trips to Orlando/Daytona from Alabama and I had no worries. But the number of EVs Out there now using them and the many stories of Issues does give me pause. I am hopeful the number and reliabilty of the chargers are going to go up in the next year or two as that federal money filters down and the stations start coming online. I’m to the point now where I don’t think I could recommend EVs to anyone who needs to roadtrip or rely on them for daily charging. EA better use this money to improve themselves…
Sponsored