Electrify America Red Charge Port

mythlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Mclaren 765LT
Country flag
Hello,

I have had my 2020 Taycan for 3 days and have charged it twice at 150kW Electrify America CCS chargers, today after running through the connection process(plug in, pay, start charging) my car had a red charge light and wouldnt charge. The car shows no errors on the interior and the normal AC charging system seems to work fine with the Porsche mobile connect charger. Was this just a fluke with Electrify America or is this a common issue with Taycans that requires a dealer visit to DC charge again? Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you’ll need to try another charger for any data or help - if the problem persists only porsche dealer service can diagnose.

what you’ve listed is insufficient for any diagnosis.

OP
OP

mythlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@daveo4EV Thank you for the input. I tried 3 different "stations" at the location and all 3 had the same issue. I tried going through the Porsche connect app, using my Electrify America wallet, and then a physical credit card at each of them. I guess my best bet is to try another location or revisit this location at a later time?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Try another EA location and a ChargePoint or EVGO DC charger. The latter are 50kw.

OP
OP

mythlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update I tried another location and it worked fine, but upon stopping the charge and unplugging my car the port got stuck and gave a "red" light. I had to basically force the plug out.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Hello,

I have had my 2020 Taycan for 3 days and have charged it twice at 150kW Electrify America CCS chargers, today after running through the connection process(plug in, pay, start charging) my car had a red charge light and wouldnt charge. The car shows no errors on the interior and the normal AC charging system seems to work fine with the Porsche mobile connect charger. Was this just a fluke with Electrify America or is this a common issue with Taycans that requires a dealer visit to DC charge again? Any help would be appreciated!
The fastest and easiest way to correct this is to call the EA customer service right then and there at the charger...they can zero in almost immediately for you.
Sponsored