Email from Porsche to set a new password for my Porsche Connect account?

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
Did anyone else receive a request from Porsche to reset your Porsche Connect password due to" technical reasons"? I got the request to do this today and wanted to know if it was real and unique or a lot of people are getting this request? Thanks.
Sponsored

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I did not get an email and I would never click a link on ANY unsolicited email asking me to reset my password for anything.

If you attempt to log into your Porsche Connect account from your typical method and it prompts password reset action then you know the request is valid.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did anyone else receive a request from Porsche to reset your Porsche Connect password due to" technical reasons"? I got the request to do this today and wanted to know if it was real and unique or a lot of people are getting this request? Thanks.
I got it too. I tried to log in to MyPorsche before resetting my password and I couldn't. Then I reset the password and I was able to log in again.
Email sender and the link domain seem legit to me but you should definitely verify yourself too.

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, I received it too.

OP
OP
rbt3

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did not get an email and I would never click a link on ANY unsolicited email asking me to reset my password for anything.

If you attempt to log into your Porsche Connect account from your typical method and it prompts password reset action then you know the request is valid.
Thanks, and I always go to site directly never clicking on links in emails sent to me to log in. I went to the Porsche site and tried to log in and it would not allow me to, said I had the wrong password. So I checked forgot password button and a new email was sent to me that I had to use to reset my password, so it was a legit request from Porsche. Not sure what their "technical issues" were, but it is working now with an updated password. Thanks, and be on the lookout for this.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you know if we need to enter the new password in the PCM?
I don't want to mess with the PCM connection in any way unless I really have to.

OP
OP
rbt3

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know if we need to enter the new password in the PCM?
I don't want to mess with the PCM connection in any way unless I really have to.
Not sure yet, I have not done anything in the car since I got the email. I'll hope that it all works the same tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Btw this is a huge fail of Porsche software. It is not only the car software that needs a serious update but all their services. How could they lose our passwords?

Last edited:

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Got it too.

Pure speculation, but there seems to be lots of hacks/data breaches going on right now with some reports in the newspaper. I also had two airlines send me messages that someone they work with have been hacked and I should reset my password.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got it too.

Pure speculation, but there seems to be lots of hacks/data breaches going on right now with some reports in the newspaper. I also had two airlines send me messages that someone they work with have been hacked and I should reset my password.
The email says "technical issues" not data breach or anything like that. I don't believe they would hide a breach since they have to report it to the authorities too.
This is probably so bug on their system or some human error.

inspirit

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus
Country flag
Had the same issue few days ago. Could not login at website and received reset request without asking for it. After updating password everything works as before. Interestingly I did not update any login details in the car and it still connects and works as nothing was changed actually. I would expect it to ask for new password from security perspective.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same problem with My Porsche. Password stopped working 3 days ago, then I used the link to create a new password which has been working fine. No problems with connection through Porsche Connect.
Sponsored