UK gts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan gts
Country flag
Well not great news at all, got an updated tracking print out today and expected delivery is now 25/11/2022! Original expected delivery was 29/07/2022. According to the schedule it’s going to sit at Emden port for 4 months having completed it’s build on 14/07/2022.

Hopefully it arrives before Xmas!
For what reason though?
Sponsored

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
They surely can’t expect people to accept cars that have been sat at the docks for four months. They can get right in the bin. I’d happily just buy a used Car instead.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
For what reason though?

They said it's due to the 12 volt battery supply issue...but then also said it could be related to the dock strikes...seems nobody knows what's happening.

For completion here's the updated schedule:

Porsche Taycan Emden to Grismby - any movement? 1659896439443

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
Your chart doesn’t indicate that it actually made it to Emden at all. Mine is at Emden and all I know is that it missed the scheduled departure.

I wonder if it’s being held somewhere other than the docs waiting for the 12v

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Your chart doesn’t indicate that it actually made it to Emden at all. Mine is at Emden and all I know is that it missed the scheduled departure.

I wonder if it’s being held somewhere other than the docs waiting for the 12v
True, maybe yours does have the 12v battery and is impacted by the strikes at the dock and mine just doesn’t have the battery so not even made it to the port yet!

They tease us with build completion pictures then make us wait another 4 months to see it in the flesh!

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
All I know is it’s winding me up. Very close to buying a used M8 for £40k less instead.

it’s weird how yours has apparently left the compound for the docks but it hasn’t arrived two weeks later. I’d shake the tree mate.

UK gts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan gts
Country flag
Update from the dealer this morning...

My car had a build date of 24th June, the below indicates it could be 8 weeks from the 22nd August before it's released.

We have been advised that there will be an 8-week delay in receiving the battery which would be week 34 (Week commencing 22nd of August)

From week 34 on the 12v batteries will be available again and PAG will centrally retrofit them from this week as quickly as possible.

The worst-case scenario estimation from Porsche AG is a maximum 8-week delay in the delivery of the vehicles from week 34 on and it will not be possible to prioritise the order in which cars are retrofitted with the battery.

The highlighted section is the exact information we have received.

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag

My car had a build date of 24th June, the below indicates it could be 8 weeks from the 22nd August before it's released.

We have been advised that there will be an 8-week delay in receiving the battery which would be week 34 (Week commencing 22nd of August)

From week 34 on the 12v batteries will be available again and PAG will centrally retrofit them from this week as quickly as possible.

The worst-case scenario estimation from Porsche AG is a maximum 8-week delay in the delivery of the vehicles from week 34 on and it will not be possible to prioritise the order in which cars are retrofitted with the battery.

Nice to get proper detail, did you also get an updated schedule. If the above is accurate then end of October should be a worst case scenario which is better than my end of Nov ETA.

UK gts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan gts
Country flag
I didn't ask for a schedule, I was a bit miffed to be honest, as when I spoke to them in June, it was a maximum of 8 weeks total, now the story is 8 weeks for the battery and 8 weeks to fit it ffs

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
UK GTS, where is your car now? Has it left the factory? Or is it sitting at the docks / a compound?

it’s not cool to have it sat at a dock for 8 weeks.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag

Thanks for the helpful update.

I wonder (somewhat selfishly) how this will impact cars not yet in production? My Turbo is due to exit production at week 42 (21 October) - 6 weeks after the 12V battery supply is back on stream - perhaps they will increase production to make up for the shortfall...

UK gts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan gts
Country flag
UK GTS, where is your car now? Has it left the factory? Or is it sitting at the docks / a compound?

it’s not cool to have it sat at a dock for 8 weeks.
Didn't ask that either :angry:

I'll give him a buzz tomorrow and see if he'll send through the updated schedule.

I know it's the old first world problems, but I needed to calm down a bit when he said it was another 8 weeks

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
It's not just a first world problem though is it. It's being mugged off after dropping circa £100 grand on a car. Some people have saved up the money and it's a dream for them, others might be very well off, but ultimately you're handing over your treasure. The least you can expect is some information.

Try to request a new schedule because if I had a car that was built in June that could be sat at the bloody docks from around then until September/October, I'd be asking serious questions. You can't have a car sat still for 4 months. That's mental.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
It's not just a first world problem though is it. It's being mugged off after dropping circa £100 grand on a car. Some people have saved up the money and it's a dream for them, others might be very well off, but ultimately you're handing over your treasure. The least you can expect is some information.

Try to request a new schedule because if I had a car that was built in June that could be sat at the bloody docks from around then until September/October, I'd be asking serious questions. You can't have a car sat still for 4 months. That's mental.
What bothers me most is it sitting in the sun potentially! That’s not good for the battery!

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
What bothers me most is it sitting in the sun potentially! That’s not good for the battery!
I’m thinking is it also in the wind and rain and so damage to the paintwork and dirt ?

i wonder how many can get away with asking for a full detail on the car before delivery ?
Sponsored