alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
Anyone any recent updates on deliveries leaving Emden for the UK? (Grimsby)

My car was flagged as "production complete" last week and changed to "Your vehicle has been produced" on My Porsche. It was due to arrive at Emden last Friday, although I want to give it another couple of days before I hassle my SA again :)

Has anyone got any recent shipping updates on cars destined to the UK actually leaving Emden?
Sponsored

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Last I got was last Monday:

Porsche Taycan Emden to Grismby - any movement? 1658140722797

Production completed last Monday 11/07/2022. Original expected delivery date was 29/07/2022 but as can be seen above seems like it is going to chill out at Emden port for a couple of months!

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
We're in almost the exact same timeline :\

Porsche Taycan Emden to Grismby - any movement? image001

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Indeed let's hope they get hold of some 12V batteries to speed up the process!

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
Indeed let's hope they get hold of some 12V batteries to speed up the process!
Is that what the 2 month delay is? I was assuming (hoping!) that the "production complete" meant they'd actually sourced one ;)

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Lads, i ordered a Taycan Turbo to replace my 4S mid Oct 2020 … it was due late July 21 and eventually arrived in the dealership late Dec 21. I collected it mid Jan 22 …and I’m still awaiting the 2nd key 😅

im85288a

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST
Country flag
Is that what the 2 month delay is? I was assuming (hoping!) that the "production complete" meant they'd actually sourced one ;)
Yes I think that’s what it is, car has been produced but cannot leave the port until they source a battery. Cannot think of any other reason for the 2 month delay at the port and my SA basically confirmed that was the case…though he did say the time lines may come forward as that was a worst case scenario. Time will tell!

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Just spoken to my dealership and he's told me my car arrived at the Port in the UK on the 15th of July It doesn't look like my car has been affected by the 12v battery issue.

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
Just spoken to my dealership and he's told me my car arrived at the Port in the UK on the 15th of July It doesn't look like my car has been affected by the 12v battery issue.
Congratulations! Maybe there is hope :)

What were the build dates of your car, can you share?

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations! Maybe there is hope :)

What were the build dates of your car, can you share?
1st of July went into production. 5th of July out of production, 11th of July left Germany. 15 July arrives in UK port. I'm getting these date updates from my SE at Nottingham Porsche. I'm not logging onto a system myself. I'm not getting excited until he tells me it's at the dealership. I placed the order beginning of June 2021! Long bloody wait.

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
1st of July went into production. 5th of July out of production, 11th of July left Germany. 15 July arrives in UK port. I'm getting these date updates from my SE at Nottingham Porsche. I'm not logging onto a system myself. I'm not getting excited until he tells me it's at the dealership. I placed the order beginning of June 2021! Long bloody wait.
LOL. It's probably worse now you know it's "close" :)

I ordered mine in early November '21, so you're winning the wait front at the moment!

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
LOL. It's probably worse now you know it's "close" :)

I ordered mine in early November '21, so you're winning the wait front at the moment!
Haha indeed mate. Its mind blowing how long this wait has been. Mine is leased through company scheme which consistently looks like adds significant time to the whole ordering process. Assumption being Porsche make less money on 3rd party leasing.

Like I say I'm not getting super excited until the dealership tells me to come and pick it up. However it does now feel like the few days before Christmas lol!

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
I think you just missed the production week when he battery supply dried up. My car is being held in a compound pending the battery. Crazy actually because the wait is stated to be 8 weeks max on the dealer's system

OP
OP

alistair

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo CT
Country flag
I think you just missed the production week when he battery supply dried up. My car is being held in a compound pending the battery. Crazy actually because the wait is stated to be 8 weeks max on the dealer's system
I'm willing to bet that's what happened, too. Does yours show as in the compound (Kornwestheim?) or having left it and now being held at Emden?

OPLA1925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TCT4
Country flag
The latter because the Compound will be full of batteryless cars...
It's quite frustrating to be honest. It's not a difficult component to source.
Sponsored