Emergency Braking / Stop being triggered entering garage

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
My garage is a little tight but not that tight - I can reverse in with the mirrors folded out if I am careful. The garage does have a small gutter then lip where the garage door is, but the Taycan hates it when I reverse in. Today the emergency braking activated 5 times reversing in, which from the outside must look ridiculous but worse is being inside when it happens and the feeling of losing control in an environment where I need to take care.

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar experience?
Sponsored

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
I've had (have) the same exact problem. When the car was new, the car would jerk to a stop almost every time I entered in the garage (backed in). I learned to back in extremely slowly. This has worked well although I still get the sensor alarms from the garage floor lip every time I do enter the garage (but no brake).

Some on this forum have stated that there is a sensor sensitivity adjustment in the PCM. I have not bothered to experiment because its now manageable.

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
I reversed into a pole and wished the emergency brake would’ve worked…
Interesting. Did you get any sensor alarms before the impact or was the sensor blind to the pole?

OP
OP

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wear a wig and pretend you are your wife?
If only it was that simple!

I've had (have) the same exact problem. When the car was new, the car would jerk to a stop almost every time I entered in the garage (backed in). I learned to back in extremely slowly. This has worked well although I still get the sensor alarms from the garage floor lip every time I do enter the garage (but no brake).

Some on this forum have stated that there is a sensor sensitivity adjustment in the PCM. I have not bothered to experiment because its now manageable.
I am going to dig around and see if there is a way to adjust the sensor sensitivity.

OP
OP

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually, thinking about it another thing I could try and do is reverse while lifted. Perhaps that will help.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I have this same issue; in some bad weather the other day had it happen about five times - I would move a little and it would slam on the anchors / most frustrating.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Turn off "maneuvering assist" in the setting. Forgot exactly where but it should be car settings -> assistance

This leaves forward collision warning still active.

The parking sensors on the Taycan are designed to aim low in order to provide guidance for the parkassist.

OP
OP

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I tried yesterday to activate lift into the garage and so far that really seems to have helped. I think that is better than turning off or adjusting the other settings - I have the button always available on the dashboard.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I have the button always available on the dashboard.
Why don’t you set the automatic lift for your driveway? Then you won’t have to push a button. I have the automatic lift set for my driveway since it’s on a hill and my Taycan would bottom out at the normal setting.

OP
OP

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why don’t you set the automatic lift for your driveway? Then you won’t have to push a button. I have the automatic lift set for my driveway since it’s on a hill and my Taycan would bottom out at the normal setting.
Yeah, I will probably end up with that set.
Sponsored