Emergency Braking with Parking Brake

Artis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi there! The manual states that in emergency one can increase breaking power by pressing and holding parking break. Has anyone tried it or knows how it works? Also does ABS still work and can one still stear?
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Hi there! The manual states that in emergency one can increase breaking power by pressing and holding parking break. Has anyone tried it or knows how it works? Also does ABS still work and can one still stear?
I tried it and it works very well..as a matter of fact, be sure to tell anyone in the car that you are testing it because the braking is exceptionally strong. I don't know re: ABS but it would surprise me a lot if that did not work.

OP
OP

Artis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
That is reassuring. Thanks. I knew that someone on this forum will have tried it :) Any idea how it actually works? Would that imply that if you just hit brake pedal it doesn't go to max pressure weares pressing parking break does?

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
That is reassuring. Thanks. I knew that someone on this forum will have tried it :) Any idea how it actually works? Would that imply that if you just hit brake pedal it doesn't go to max pressure weares pressing parking break does?
to be honest, I don't know...what I do know is that it works very well! it is theoretically possible that it applies more pressure than a normal person .....suggestion: go onto a safe street and try it yourself. I suggest not going very fast since the stop is almost violent. Be sure to hold the park button down (a quick press does not work). Bon voyage!

Reactions: AV7
OP
OP

Artis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
to be honest, I don't know...what I do know is that it works very well! it is theoretically possible that it applies more pressure than a normal person .....suggestion: go onto a safe street and try it yourself. I suggest not going very fast since the stop is almost violent. Be sure to hold the park button down (a quick press does not work). Bon voyage!

Will do! Thx
Sponsored