End of my Taycan Journey

• Thread starter Deleted member 6348
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 6348

After taking delivery of my 2022 Taycan 4S, I racked up 26,603 miles in less than 8 months. A few weeks ago, I was rear-ended in North Carolina and hit hard. I was lucky to walk away without any readily apparent serious injuries. Today, I was informed that the car is a total loss. Yes, the car sacrificed itself to protect me -- at least, that's the way I like to look at it. Yes, it sucks to have a car that you watched go from order to production and tracked across the ocean be ended like this. For real, it sucks a lot, actually.

Here's a picture of the car in its roadtripping glory...
Porsche Taycan End of my Taycan Journey IMG_0006

I loved the car. Heck, I traded in my 992C4S for it.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...che-911-992-carrera-4s-for-a-taycan-4s.10104/

Next week, I'll find out what the insurance company is doing for me. I don't know what I'm doing next. I have an F150 Lightning arriving here in late Jan/early Feb. I may just drive that around a while until I decide my next steps and next Porsche.

This community has been pretty great. Thank you for the "likes" and kind comments.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ASTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your Porsche Taycan may be gone,
But its sacrifice will live on.

In that moment of danger and fear,
It protected you, its driver dear.

It may have been just a car to some,
But to you it was so much more.

A symbol of your love of speed,
And your passion for all things sleek.

But in its final act of bravery,
It proved that it was more than just an object to see.

So as you mourn the loss of your dear Taycan,
Remember the life it saved, a true hero to the end.

Rest in peace, noble steed,
Your memory will live on, indeed.

- ChatGPT response on prompt: "Write a condolences poem to a guy whose Porsche Taycan sacrificed itself to protect him"

Can't even take credit for that.

Last edited:

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
After taking delivery of my 2022 Taycan 4S, I racked up 26,603 miles in less than 8 months. A few weeks ago, I was rear-ended in North Carolina and hit hard. I was lucky to walk away without any readily apparent serious injuries. Today, I was informed that the car is a total loss. Yes, the car sacrificed itself to protect me -- at least, that's the way I like to look at it. Yes, it sucks to have a car that you watched go from order to production and tracked across the ocean be ended like this. For real, it sucks a lot, actually.

Here's a picture of the car in its roadtripping glory...
IMG_0006.jpg

I loved the car. Heck, I traded in my 992C4S for it.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...che-911-992-carrera-4s-for-a-taycan-4s.10104/

Next week, I'll find out what the insurance company is doing for me. I don't what I'm doing next. I have an F150 Lightning arriving here in late Jan/early Feb. I may just drive that around a while until I decide my next steps and next Porsche.

This community has been pretty great. Thank you for the "likes" and kind comments.
It had done its job to save your life!!!!

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
That's sad news, at the very least you're walked away without injury and have the opportunity to find the suitable replacement for your Taycan. Impressed with the miles you've driven, that's more than I do in 2-3 years nowadays.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Perfect reason to get a 2023/24 and spec it for a 2nd time. I have to wait for that opportunity until 2025.

Reactions: B61

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Many of us will be anxious to hear what the insurance settlement is. Dealers are asking a lot for used Taycans. Lets see if the insurance company will consider current market trends.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6348

Many of us will be anxious to hear what the insurance settlement is. Dealers are asking a lot for used Taycans. Lets see if the insurance company will consider current market trends.
This will be the interesting part. The market values are quite high. I will let you all know.

Reactions: B61

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
They should let you keep the hood crest.

a cars first job is to protect you, then make you happy, then get you places. (At least to me) Glad you are ok!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
That's interesting for me to hear. In Ireland, most insurance is "agreed value", meaning that every year you and your insurer agree how much the car is worth for that insurance period. If the car is written off then the agreed value is paid out with little to no discussion.

It means that you don't play the "current market price" game. It probably helps that new car's aren't sold over their MRP – so generally for the first 4 or 5 years of a car's life – insurers are happy to set the agreed value at the retail price of your current model.

Sounds very different to the US. Ironically, my Taycan is insured by a US-based insurer: CHUBB.
Sponsored