Enough Complaining, Let's talk about what we love about the Taycan and why we bought it.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
My first drive in a Taycan was in the pouring rain at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta in a Taycan Turbo S in Feb 2020 just before the lock down. The driving instructor was in the passenger seat and told me to disable the traction control completely to demonstrate how well the car was designed to handle without hiding behind all of the computerized nannies. The car was incredible in the rain. It maintained complete control through the turns at fairly high speeds (definitely higher speeds than I would have taken the corners even with the traction control on). The car is awesome.
Sponsored

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
My first drive in a Taycan was in the pouring rain at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta in a Taycan Turbo S in Feb 2020 just before the lock down. The driving instructor was in the passenger seat and told me to disable the traction control completely to demonstrate how well the car was designed to handle without hiding behind all of the computerized nannies. The car was incredible in the rain. It maintained complete control through the turns at fairly high speeds (definitely higher speeds than I would have taken the corners even with the traction control on). The car is awesome.
Fun story: when I did my delivery at PEC LA, they had me driving a Taycan Turbo S since it was equipped w/ 21" wheels, PDCC, and RWS like my Turbo. On the kick plate, I tried a few runs with stability control on, and then they had me turn it off. I actually found the car *easier* to control on their ice-like surface without the nannies. I was blown away by how controllable and responsive it was.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
There's not a lot I don't love about my 4S. Everything has already been said; the way it looks, the way it handles, the acceleration. It took me a while to get the seat settings there but it's also comfortable and the interior is a nice place to be.

Why did I go for a Taycan? I was already considering what next as a company car. I'd pretty much settled on a 2-3 year old RS6, purchase privately and take car allowance because company car tax in the UK on that is just too much.

As a final thought I checked the tax bands and saw the proposals for EVs coming in for the 2020-21 tax year, and thought wow surely there must be an EV out there that's actually desirable by now (at this point I was sceptical about EVs and thought I'd never move away from ICE cars). So I found the Taycan and thought it would be way out of budget, but got the quotes anyway and here I am. And now, I don't think I'd have an ICE car for a company car again.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was new (almost a year in), cool, different. Very smooth, solidly built.

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
I have a MY 2021 4S (configured and ordered November 2, 2020, and received 3 months later, February 2, Groundhog Day) and this is my first Porsche. Knock on wood no issues so far. It’s my second electric car; I had a 2014 BMW i3, which I loved, till the Porsche arrived. I was afraid I would miss the one-pedal driving, but after a short test drive in a Taycan last year, I knew I wouldn’t. I much prefer the Taycan’s braking (which will only get better after the brake pads are bedded in and regeneration takes over most of the braking) and regeneration choices. I love the steering and suspension. I have rear-axle steering, and I’m sure that contributes to the feel of the car, making it seem smaller than it is around town. I was pleasantly surprised how adjustable the seating is, and I can raise the seat for very good visibility out the rear and front for such a low car. I love how the relationship of seating, steering wheel, and controls end up, much better than in anything I’ve ever driven!

GMarcs66

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ,Range Rover,
Country flag
As I eagerly await the arrival of my 2021 Taycan 4S, all I have seen lately is comments about the growing pains of the Taycan (nice way of saying, complaints). As a long term Porsche owner, I know it isn't a perfect vehicle and isn't a perfect manufacturer but we all have faith or we wouldn't be loyal buyers.

I would love to know why you bought the vehicle and what you love the most about the car.

If you want to say something about what bothers you about the vehicle just make sure you answer the first two questions about why and what you love.
Never owned a Porsche before had astons BMWs RangeRovers this is by far the best car out there. Had 2 months put 3000 miles on it. Way more than my average. You’ll love it. I still have a Range Rover 2 years old and it feels like driving a bus. Enjoy

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Many of the things I love about my Taycan aren't really the big options at all:

• I love the pop out door handles, how well they work and how much better they feel than 911.
  • I love pulling out of my garage in the morning knowing the power came from a wind farm.
  • I love how well the Homelink system works and how it pops up reliably in the PCM screen each time I reach my apartment blocks garage door. Also how well it works when leaving the underground garage.
  • I love how quickly the front wheels "kick in" when losing grip without having to go through a mechanical transmission shaft.
  • I love how well the Apple Music stream sounds – way better than I would have imagined.
  • I love that the car has inspired me to build custom software on-top of the Porsche APIs.
  • I love that this is an adventure car for me – not an A-to-B machine (thats the public train) – you have to plan road trips and figure things out. My wife and I will get to go places that no EV has ever gone. It's bringing us closer together.
  • I love that its a physical reminder that I built a software company up from the first line of code to acquisition by our biggest international competitor. I feel lucky to be the owner of one and I don't take it or the support of my friends and family to get there for granted.

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
The Taycan is a great vehicle with a few minor flaws. I charge at home without issue 95% of the time. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about EA as my EA experience locally has been ok. Tesla is not in the same class as this car. The Taycan is a true PORSCHE.

majugo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo., McLaren 675lt, Lotus elise race car, Honda Cfv, Mercedes slk 300, Peugeot 107; Fiat Panda
Country flag
Many of the things I love about my Taycan aren't really the big options at all:

• I love the pop out door handles, how well they work and how much better they feel than 911.
  • I love pulling out of my garage in the morning knowing the power came from a wind farm.
  • I love how well the Homelink system works and how it pops up reliably in the PCM screen each time I reach my apartment blocks garage door. Also how well it works when leaving the underground garage.
  • I love how quickly the front wheels "kick in" when losing grip without having to go through a mechanical transmission shaft.
  • I love how well the Apple Music stream sounds – way better than I would have imagined.
  • I love that the car has inspired me to build custom software on-top of the Porsche APIs.
  • I love that this is an adventure car for me – not an A-to-B machine (thats the public train) – you have to plan road trips and figure things out. My wife and I will get to go places that no EV has ever gone. It's bringing us closer together.
  • I love that its a physical reminder that I built a software company up from the first line of code to acquisition by our biggest international competitor. I feel lucky to be the owner of one and I don't take it or the support of my friends and family to get there for granted.
Please tell us what your software does - sounds REALLY interesting. Personally I cannot use the Porsche app as there is no mobile cell signal and the searching is what caused my 12v battery to discharge and lock the car. The driving experience is utterly brilliant however. Whilst the car went back for servicing the niggles, I have borrowed a hybrid Panamera S, and in comparison it is rubbish, the handling poor, it feels heavy and the steering really woolly. It also has next to no EV range, and the ICE cuts in immediatelyeven in EV mode; so borrowing the Panamera has reinforced what a brilliant car the Taycan is.

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I love my Taycan and was one of the first to get ‘green’ number plates in the uk which people seem to notice.

Ironically I visited a local Shell garage recently to buy a Sunday Times and the guy said ‘I haven’t seen you in here for a while.’ It really is quite a joy not to have to fill up with petrol - no offence to the Shell cashier who is a true gent.

I also like it because the published range was 220 miles and I didn’t think I could do the 110 mile trip to see my 90 year old mother and back on one charge..... Actually I can and did last week with 65 miles to spare.
Porsche Taycan Enough Complaining, Let's talk about what we love about the Taycan and why we bought it. 8AC69B15-5F83-497C-A805-A5B4CF772397

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
charging speed at a functional 350 kW charger is unmatched in the production EV world - really really best of breed…love it.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
charging speed at a functional 350 kW charger is unmatched in the production EV world - really really best of breed…love it.
Absolutely, it was really a great add-on feature for me. In fact I will take a road trip one day soon because of the Taycan (I wouldn't do it with my other EVs because of the charging speed). On a good plan it is really cool that I can go from 0 to 80% in 20 minutes. That really, for me, makes the charging portion every 3-4 hours pretty much nothing, considering the human part of the "team" will need that 20 minutes to maintain fluid balance, tire rotation, etc...

:)
Sponsored