LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Everyone was jealous that I was driving a Porsche EV, that was faster, more comfortable with heated, cooled, and massaging seats, and that felt 20-30 years ahead of their relatively recent Ferraris. I gave everyone a ride over the course of the week and showed off with launch control. The entire experience was very eye opening for everyone there. Both from the performance standpoint but also that an EV could complete the rally with very few compromises.
David, you're famous:

Squiden

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Very cool! I would love to get my hands on one of those Ferrari's just to compare against... ;-)

@manitou202 - FYI, I had my cooling seat go out as well... turned out to be a loose sensor harness right at the base of the seat that took 30 seconds for the dealer to diagnose and fix. Before bothering to go in, check to see if you happened to knock it out - mine got dislodged just pulling out the floor mats... unfortunately, Porsche put it in a vulnerable spot with a pretty weak connector, apparently.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Very cool! I would love to get my hands on one of those Ferrari's just to compare against... ;-)

@manitou202 - FYI, I had my cooling seat go out as well... turned out to be a loose sensor harness right at the base of the seat that took 30 seconds for the dealer to diagnose and fix. Before bothering to go in, check to see if you happened to knock it out - mine got dislodged just pulling out the floor mats... unfortunately, Porsche put it in a vulnerable spot with a pretty weak connector, apparently.
Josh, Thanks for the tip on the poor sensor placement and plug issue on cooled seats. May have been the same location for Don @louv s issue during his journey when he lost heated seats.

As for Ferrari access, you may want to check on Touro. Won't be cheep though. ;)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Josh, Thanks for the tip on the poor sensor placement and plug issue on cooled seats. May have been the same location for Don @louv s issue during his journey when he lost heated seats.

As for Ferrari access, you may want to check on Touro. Won't be cheep though. ;)
Minor correction: I didn’t lose driver’s seat heating while driving.

Initial builders didn’t connect my Driver’s Seat Cooling plug connector.

Also, a rear seat heater wasn’t connected.

I didn’t notice either of these immediately after taking delivery because I didn’t need cooling and I didn’t sit in the back seat!

I found out because the car threw codes in the log files. But NOT in the user interface.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
What an incredible trip - thanks for the write up!

I absolutely love travelling to the US and doing roadtrips - i've travelled all over the place in every state west of CO, but only ever cut down from UT into CO when heading from Moab via 4 Corners and into AZ.

I put together a Google Map based on your extensive details, as it looks and sounds like one to remember! I just need to work out how to get myself in a Taycan once over :CWL:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1Ut23eyuysQWwO2oontlxa76gwSfKlEUs&usp=sharing

Seriously though, i'm getting sick of people (in the UK at least) rubbishing EV's and how impractical they are, making very unfair comparisons. If your trip doesn't convert every last person then nothing will!

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Very cool trip
One of the great posts of all time. Beautifully told and the pics are memorable. I did a trip like this 30 years ago with Honda Goldwings. Came down the Million Dollar Highway wearing a full rain suit in a downpour, trying to stay off the white lines. I love the idea of passing a Ferrari in a four door sedan with music and air at full blast. We got our Turbo S in May and are dreaming about a drive like this. Yet to happen.

Thanks, again...

Porsche Taycan Epic 5-day Road Rally Through Colorado Taycan 2 copy

OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Minor correction: I didn’t lose driver’s seat heating while driving.

Initial builders didn’t connect my Driver’s Seat Cooling plug connector.

Also, a rear seat heater wasn’t connected.

I didn’t notice either of these immediately after taking delivery because I didn’t need cooling and I didn’t sit in the back seat!

I found out because the car threw codes in the log files. But NOT in the user interface.
I fixed the CarPlay (just had to re-add my phone) and I found a loose cable under the driver seat. That took care of the cooled seat.

Thanks for the advice!!

Porsche Taycan Epic 5-day Road Rally Through Colorado IMG_3217

OP
OP
manitou202

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Another benefit of owning a Porsche versus Tesla. My Sales Associate read this post and reached out to me regarding the couple of minor issues I mentioned. He offered to have service setup an appointment for the Taycan.

I have to give props to Porsche of Colorado Springs for always providing excellent customer service.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To be fair, with Tesla if you tweeted Elon Musk might respond to you at 2 am.
To be fair, the first link is from 2 years ago with just saying that is unacceptable, no real change, and the second is just him saying sure to some suggestions.

Seems that with bad service now, people are recommending to tweet to Musk since the normal channels don't work and it is hard to get anyone on the phone. However, seems that unless you have a blue checkmark, your likelihood of getting any help with that approach is very slim.

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My brother’s wife (Meg) reviewed the Taycan. Absolutely hilarious.

They put the washer fluid refill in the front of the hood instead of squeezed in the hinge like Tesla. No need to dig out the beer bong for a refill. :clap:

"Dave, you can talk" Yeah, but it's more fun to watch you flounder! :D

I'd say maybe I'll see your bro around Austin, but I'm getting out even less these days thanks to covid (and Austin is not small).
Sponsored