European delivery for North American owners?

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350, Taycan CT4 Mamba green
Country flag
Curious to hear about any Canadian or USA members who experienced the 'European Delivery".
Obviously prior to COVID and/or planning for it in 2022. I have ordered a MY22 CT4 in Mamba Green and am considering a 'European Delivery' if available in early spring 2022.
Sponsored

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Curious to hear about any Canadian or USA members who experienced the 'European Delivery".
Obviously prior to COVID and/or planning for it in 2022. I have ordered a MY22 CT4 in Mamba Green and am considering a 'European Delivery' if available in early spring 2022.
For some reason (maybe different electrical standards), I didn't think you could take Euro Delivery of an EV if you're from NA.

OP
OP
TCT

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For some reason (maybe different electrical standards), I didn't think you could take Euro Delivery of an EV if you're from NA.
Honestly, you are probably correct, that's what I am trying to assess as I did not get a clear answer from my dealership and get opinions from different sources rather than facts. Thanks

Reactions: cfp

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
I had wanted to do European Delivery as well. Back in 2019 there was talk about an adapter that would be available to make it possible, but it never materialized. European Delivery is amazing I di it with my M3. Incredible trip and experience. Hopefully it becomes available again in the future, but I doubt it will be available in 2022.

Reactions: TCT

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
It's not an option for Porsche EVs for one obvious reason:

EU charging plugs are different from the NA standard, you wouldn't be able to plug in your US market car anywhere during your drive in Germany.

Porsche Taycan European delivery for North American owners? Porsche-Taycan-29

European delivery is still an option for N American customers on any of their ICE cars.

OP
OP
TCT

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not an option for Porsche EVs for one obvious reason:

EU charging plugs are different from the NA standard, you wouldn't be able to plug in your US market car anywhere during your drive in Germany.

Porsche-Taycan-29.png

European delivery is still an option for N American customers on any of their ICE cars.
This is the first clear answer I get... Many thanks

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
This is the first clear answer I get... Many thanks
There are adapters. Not convenient, but possible. If you search, you might even find a shop willing to switch the socket in the car...

OP
OP
TCT

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are adapters. Not convenient, but possible. If you search, you might even find a shop willing to switch the socket in the car...
I wonder how Porsche would see this with regard to warranty.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
I wonder how Porsche would see this with regard to warranty.
I've owned an imported BMW in the past and the manufacturer's warranty was reduced from 3 years to 1 year on an imported car (from first registration overseas).

Not ideal when both Xenon headlights gave up on life at 18 months old!

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Why would you want that? The delivery time is as long as at your site. I have ordered my Taycan CT end of May and the delivery has been moved to Feb 2022. So this is about ten months.
By the way, I had to wait for my Tesla Model S for about 2 years...

OP
OP
TCT

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why would you want that? The delivery time is as long as at your site. I have ordered my Taycan CT end of May and the delivery has been moved to Feb 2022. So this is about ten months.
By the way, I had to wait for my Tesla Model S for about 2 years...
Well, for the experience of getting it from the factory and spending some time on European roads with no real speed limit...and good roads.
Here even highways are not always in good condition and speed limits are 100 to 110 Km/hr. I think only Montana in the US where there is no daytime speed limit. However, the material they use for the surface is so abrasive that you eat up your tires rapidly.

In any case, I was later confirmed that the European delivery is not available for Canadian specifications due to technical differences with European specifications on top of COVID issues.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Well, for the experience of getting it from the factory and spending some time on European roads with no real speed limit...and good roads.
Here even highways are not always in good condition and speed limits are 100 to 110 Km/hr. I think only Montana in the US where there is no daytime speed limit. However, the material they use for the surface is so abrasive that you eat up your tires rapidly.

In any case, I was later confirmed that the European delivery is not available for Canadian specifications due to technical differences with European specifications on top of COVID issues.
Dear TCT, good reasons and if you can effort it do it. But let me be honest, the unlimited speed limits in Germany are reduced a lot and be aware the fines are very very high when you drive too fast. But if you are going to get your car at Porsche, they invite you to drive on their test road. A great experience by itself...
Sponsored

Reactions: TCT