kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I regularly hit 260 kW on Ionity here in Ireland if state-of-charge is low enough. So you are likely getting that rate!
I've used the 350kw chargers on this trip at least 10 times. Everytime the battery was below 20%, it went straight to 250kw. I was just shocked to see it at 40% SoC! o_O
Sponsored

Shaqs

First Name
Shakil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3.
Country flag
Hi Fellow "Taycaners"

I am travelling to North Italy [from the UK] and hoping to do a lot more European trips in the coming months. I will depend on a better route planner and just downloaded the new ionity app. The route is easily covered by ionity chargers, however I have few questions

1. Any advice about other apps that list other non ionity high speed chargers
2. Does the ionity app applies the Porsche discount for Taycan charging as the app does not have any info regarding type of car to save in setting? or does it charge the non discounted rates?
3. Any issues with the Porsche charge card

Thanks in advance
Question if you don’t mind….

putting order for the taycan tomorrow …

read up a lot on the 150kW DC On-Board Booster. Understand that it’s not necessary in the uk. But maybe for Europe.

do you have that on board booster in your Taycan and is this required for trips in Europe?

shaqs

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag

read up a lot on the 150kW DC On-Board Booster. Understand that it’s not necessary in the uk. But maybe for Europe.

do you have that on board booster in your Taycan and is this required for trips in Europe?

shaqs
It is not required, it will just give you more fast charging options.
Without:
- charge at the 800V Ionity chargers at up to 270kW
- charge at 400V CCS chargers up to 50kW.

With:
- charge at the 800V Ionity chargers at up to 270kW
- charge at 400V CCS chargers up to 150kW.

Obviously, the charger need to be able to go up to the kW mentioned.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

shaqs
The cost for that option is quite low , so I would recommend it for travel in Europe. There are a number of stations that only hve 400 volt and if you stay at one it becomes painfully slow only getting 50 kW.

It is not required but just consider if Tesla will open some of their Superchargers like rumoured in Norway. They are all 400 volt and then it could be a completely new game. Good insurance premium for that eventuality, if it happens.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I am on my way back from Italy to Switzerland. Innodrive doing it’s job while I type. This is on a empty highway of course, doing this for science.

I wanted to share this screenshot.
Can’t believe how fast this car is charging, or it’s a false reading from the app ?

C070EA5B-6361-4CCB-9A86-7160CC2E4E00.jpeg
So geil!