First Name
Deya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 718, Audi 8, Audi A5
Country flag
Hi Fellow "Taycaners"

I am travelling to North Italy [from the UK] and hoping to do a lot more European trips in the coming months. I will depend on a better route planner and just downloaded the new ionity app. The route is easily covered by ionity chargers, however I have few questions

1. Any advice about other apps that list other non ionity high speed chargers
2. Does the ionity app applies the Porsche discount for Taycan charging as the app does not have any info regarding type of car to save in setting? or does it charge the non discounted rates?
3. Any issues with the Porsche charge card

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
1. ABRP - A better route planner
2. Use the Porsche Charging app or charging card for discounted ionity rates
3. No issues with the Porsche charge card

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi @DMTaycan , funny coincidence. I drove to northern Italy last week. I only used Ionity along the motorways. Most of the time it was plug&charge, so make sure you got that set. Otherwise just use your Porsche charging card for the discounted rates.

I planned the route with ABRP and set the numbers of consumption a bit higher. This way I was 100% sure to easily make it to every charger. Since the Ionity chargers are about every 150-200km, it was very easy to travel the Long distance. Not a single malfunction so far on my second cross country trip with Ionity.

In general the car is sooo good to travel with. And in Italy here I noticed that there are a lot of chargers around. Went to a supermarket the other day. Had a 60kw charger outside that was completely free!

I saw a couple Italian Taycans here already and the second we the drivers noticed eachother we honked and waved. I love it ?

Hope you have a Great hassle free trip!

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
Hi Fellow "Taycaners"

I am travelling to North Italy [from the UK] and hoping to do a lot more European trips in the coming months. I will depend on a better route planner and just downloaded the new ionity app. The route is easily covered by ionity chargers, however I have few questions

1. Any advice about other apps that list other non ionity high speed chargers
2. Does the ionity app applies the Porsche discount for Taycan charging as the app does not have any info regarding type of car to save in setting? or does it charge the non discounted rates?
3. Any issues with the Porsche charge card

Thanks in advance
Many public chargers in italy come from ENELX, you can use the app JuicePass and register you credit card, you can start the charge with the app or if you want they send to you a card to use.
If you come in Rome let me know.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I've my first European road trip with the Taycan planned, booked and plotted. Looking forward to it and hope the EU COVID Digital Certificate works out.

Looking at route planning, I'll be relying on a few fast chargers around Nantes in France from Total. They are on the Porsche Charging Service network - hope they work!

Porsche Taycan European trips and use of high speed chargers Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 08.12.30

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@DMTaycan, sounds a good plan. Use your Porsche charge card or the Porsche Charging app and you will get the Porsche rate. I have found more and more of the charging stations are in the nav system on the car, some of them also indicated with green dots if they are free. The advise from @kreshi is same as my experience. I have found a few Allego stations in the nav system that also work well and are needed on some of my routes.

In Italy, I think there was some kind of agreement announced at the VW Power Day ( ENEL??) that now should be in the nav database.

I have also succefully used Chargemap app to find chargers in their network. However if you use that app or their card, you will have to pay their rates which on Ionity is 0.87 Euro against the Porsche rate of 0.33 Euro. So quite a large difference.

Wish you a great Trip and please provide a summary of your experience!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@tigerbalm ,
that looks like a great trip you have planned. Let us hope all the COVID passes will work as planned.
fáilte

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its worth remembering that there is a "time" element to using the Porsche Charging Service alongside the kWH cost except when using Ionity. It still works out better when using a range of charging providers on a one-off basis.

I have Shell Recharge and Chargemap Pass cards as well as backups in the unlikely case that there is a tech issue with Porsche Charging Service or a particular charger might not be available on the service (increasingly rare).

BeTay22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 BMW X5 while waiting for more high-power chargers
Country flag
hope the EU COVID Digital Certificate works out
If you’re going to cross that many borders, I hope you are fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after your second shot. Otherwise, you would have to do tests for each bordercrossing as these test are only valid for 72 hours. (Also don’t leave in June because the digital certificate is not yet accepted in most countries.)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you’re going to cross that many borders, I hope you are fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after your second shot. Otherwise, you would have to do tests for each bordercrossing as these test are only valid for 72 hours. (Also don’t leave in June because the digital certificate is not yet accepted in most countries.)
Yes I will be fully vaccinated and the planned trip isn't for a few more months yet.

OP
OP
DMTaycan

DMTaycan

First Name
Deya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 718, Audi 8, Audi A5
Country flag
@DMTaycan, sounds a good plan. Use your Porsche charge card or the Porsche Charging app and you will get the Porsche rate. I have found more and more of the charging stations are in the nav system on the car, some of them also indicated with green dots if they are free. The advise from @kreshi is same as my experience. I have found a few Allego stations in the nav system that also work well and are needed on some of my routes.

In Italy, I think there was some kind of agreement announced at the VW Power Day ( ENEL??) that now should be in the nav database.

I have also succefully used Chargemap app to find chargers in their network. However if you use that app or their card, you will have to pay their rates which on Ionity is 0.87 Euro against the Porsche rate of 0.33 Euro. So quite a large difference.

Wish you a great Trip and please provide a summary of your experience!
Thanks very much everybody, your comments were very helpful. My wife and I have been fully vaccinated for some time now. I will naturally report back on any tips I pick along the way [we are back mid July] and I will post some photos as well. Thanks again

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I've my first European road trip with the Taycan planned, booked and plotted. Looking forward to it and hope the EU COVID Digital Certificate works out.

Looking at route planning, I'll be relying on a few fast chargers around Nantes in France from Total. They are on the Porsche Charging Service network - hope they work!

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 08.12.30.png
Soaking in the Alps? Nice trip.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am on my way back from Italy to Switzerland. Innodrive doing it’s job while I type. This is on a empty highway of course, doing this for science.

I wanted to share this screenshot.
Can’t believe how fast this car is charging, or it’s a false reading from the app ?

Porsche Taycan European trips and use of high speed chargers C070EA5B-6361-4CCB-9A86-7160CC2E4E00

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 08.12.30.png
Some nice places there! I stayed at the Chedi a couple of weeks back, they really nailed the experience.

Make sure you have a drink at the rooftop bar at the Royal Savoy here in Lausanne.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wanted to share this screenshot.
Can’t believe how fast this car is charging, or it’s a false reading from the app ?
I regularly hit 260 kW on Ionity here in Ireland if state-of-charge is low enough. So you are likely getting that rate!
Sponsored