Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Interesting article here saying that the cost of commodities used in EV batteries has more than doubled since the start of the year.

https://www.cityam.com/commodities-boom-causes-ev-battery-costs-to-more-than-double/

I wonder whether we will be seeing a more substantial price increase for Taycans this year?

He said: “This will have significant long-term implications for the sales, cost, and production of EVs. Automakers will have to choose whether to absorb the cost of the rising battery metals or pass it onto the consumer.”

The analyst argued that prices for EVs could generally increase, as not all vehicle makers will be able to pass on costs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Inflation alone I was expecting a price increase.

I was actually looking at the Taycan as a hedge against inflation (company car), expecting it to depreciate at a lower rate than inflationary erosion of my company's fiat.

Commodity prices are rocketing so your report comes as no surprise and something I was expecting.

I'm expecting a 5% price hike by the time I come to pay. If it's higher I'm cancelling and will rethink what I can do with that surplus cash.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Inflation alone I was expecting a price increase.

I was actually looking at the Taycan as a hedge against inflation (company car), expecting it to depreciate at a lower rate than inflationary erosion of my company's fiat.

Commodity prices are rocketing so your report comes as no surprise and something I was expecting.

I'm expecting a 5% price hike by the time I come to pay. If it's higher I'm cancelling and will rethink what I can do with that surplus cash.
Tesla just raised the Model X by another $10k. They have raised the base price by $25k (28%) in a year. I would expect we will see Porsche prices going up by the Fall, if not earlier, by at least 10% which would be the largest increase in many years. Since Porsche currently cannot meet Taycan demand price increases could be higher.

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Tesla just raised the Model X by another $10k. They have raised the base price by $25k (28%) in a year. I would expect we will see Porsche prices going up by the Fall, if not earlier, by at least 10% which would be the largest increase in many years. Since Porsche currently cannot meet Taycan demand price increases could be higher.
Definitely seems to be a mis match currently.

Tesla model X prices rose by 28% in a year / inflation is approaching double digits in many countries / EV battery materials have doubled since the start of the year / Taycan demand is strong.

Add in the Ukraine issues.

And the last price rise was what.... A couple of %?
Sponsored