porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
15k on a set of tires would make me very happy. Is that for the summers or all-seasons?
All-seasons. I suspect the Summer tires don't last nearly as long. That said, I'll be replacing the all-seasons with Summers when the time comes... :)
Sponsored

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
15k on a set of tires would make me very happy. Is that for the summers or all-seasons?
FWIW, I have 3K on my all seasons and they are showing a fair bit of wear. We will see how it goes, but I am thinking they will need replacing by 6K or sooner. Not doing anything crazy with them, but the car does have a lot of torque. My snow tires have 5-6K on them and they are holding up better. I am thinking I get 10K or maybe a little more.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My wife’s Tesla has required: 1 new set of tires in 3 years and some very minor warranty covered items. It’s basically maintenance free beyond consumables.

it doesn’t look anything like my ICE ownership costs. oil changes. Hoses get old and brittle. Sensors fail. Gaskets. Spark plugs. Smog system needs to be 100% or the penalties get extremely inconvenient.

The maintenance was so bad for my wife’s 3 series BMW she said “fuck it I’m getting a Tesla” and then never looked back.

ICE is toast. Not that I won’t ride some into the sunset. But for most folks that need “transportation“ instead of a “super car driving experience” the future is already written.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
maybe the costs for the manufacturer could be higher but that isn't the case for the consumer . I have owned EVs since 2013 and my "normal" service and repair costs have been almost zero. all the repair costs for the cars, my early tesla had enormous costs for tesla to eat, are covered by warranty.
Warranty is all good, but wouldn't it be fair, to include your cost in terms of time and effort getting warranty repairs done?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yeah, that is not going to happen with Taycan owners. Seems like folks on this forum are swapping them out every 5 to 10K miles.
Anyone who has swapped out their tires after 5K miles want to chime in? I can’t imagine running through a set of these tires in that time unless you’re on the race track. Looking at my summer tires after 8K miles, they should be good for at least 15 to 20,000 miles.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I got 13k out of my OEM all-seasons- but that included 4 sessions @ laguna seca - the rears were ok but the fronts were below the wear bars when i brought the vehicle into service for the Powerunit Software update - I had dealer get new tires to avoid another service visit in the near future.

I got summer tires this time and plan to test them at laguna w/HOD on Oct. 13th - Goodyear’s - only tires available the week I got them swapped - like everything these days tires seem to have some supply constraints.

with out tracking I think I could’ve easily done 20k miles, but not much more.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I got 13k out of my OEM all-seasons- but that included 4 sessions @ laguna seca

with out tracking I think I could’ve easily done 20k miles, but not much more.
Were these the Continentals? (What I have.)

I really want to put Michelin PS4S on this thing once the OEMs are gone. I am not sure they are offered in my 21" size yet though.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Not in Europe at least…
Sponsored