EV Porsche 718 in 2025

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
A 718 Boxster S is probably one of the best cars I've ever owned. Gorgeous to look at, handles like a dream, comfortable enough as a daily.

I'll be first in line for this bad boy if they keep it true to its roots.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
This is interesting because it finally fulfills the potential of the 718 chassis to become better than the 911. It always was a better car but handicapped by Porsche to keep the pricing hierarchy. Now the Taycan will be the 4 seater 911ish replacement and the 718 the true performance vehicle.

The 911 will become a sort of living classic that is still made for an increasingly well to do but small demographic that wants combustion porsches. I could see the line shrinking to a 911 touring base coupe and the rest mostly GT models for collectors.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'll still be shocked if they allow the fastest 718 to be faster than the fastest 911, either in a straight line or at the track.

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I've been waiting for this news for a while. I'm sure it will be some time before we hear anything else.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Typical fakish news. C&D cites zero sources and is pure speculation. Then motor authority cites C&D (which has no sources) and continues the fakish news.

What we do know is that Porsche released a concept racing vehicle to the public eye and common sense tells us there will be more electric Porsches.

Other than that, it is all speculation.

Reactions: Dee

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Typical fakish news. C&D cites zero sources and is pure speculation. Then motor authority cites C&D (which has no sources) and continues the fakish news.

What we do know is that Porsche released a concept racing vehicle to the public eye and common sense tells us there will be more electric Porsches.

Other than that, it is all speculation.
It is not fake news unless the C&D sources are full of BS. Presumably C&D has enough of a reputation to uphold that it would not, for example, ask a German janitor for his take on upcoming EVs simply to find something to write about. I for one would presume that the undisclosed sources know something about the program. The real folly of the pieces, if accurate, is that Porsche intends to maintain ICE status for the 911 for the rest of the decade. I'm already a little self-conscious when forced to drive an ICE vehicle, can't imagine who will be signing up for combustion/GHGs in 8 years.
Sponsored