SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Out for an enjoyable day trip to a Chesapeake Bay favorite spot for lunch. Then the EVgo charging experience on the way — at 2 different locations!
0 for 5. @10% SOC when I finally reached a working EA.
In one EVgo case, I plugged in after another car just had finished on the same charger, and it still wouldn’t work. I will be passing along my experience to the company.
At EA I met another Taycan owner in the wild finishing his charging. I mentioned my experience with EVgo, and he said he had found them very unreliable in our area (DC/MD).
The Evgo chargers would accept my payment, but then stop the process. I’m guessing there is some kind of data communication problem. Maybe something specific to the EVgo/Porsche interface. I had thought I had a problem with my car, but it worked fine at EA.
Not an experience I care to repeat. Steve
Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Out for an enjoyable day trip to a Chesapeake Bay favorite spot for lunch. Then the EVgo charging experience on the way — at 2 different locations!
0 for 5. @10% SOC when I finally reached a working EA.
In one EVgo case, I plugged in after another car just had finished on the same charger, and it still wouldn’t work. I will be passing along my experience to the company.
At EA I met another Taycan owner in the wild finishing his charging. I mentioned my experience with EVgo, and he said he had found them very unreliable in our area (DC/MD).
The Evgo chargers would accept my payment, but then stop the process. I’m guessing there is some kind of data communication problem. Maybe something specific to the EVgo/Porsche interface. I had thought I had a problem with my car, but it worked fine at EA.
Not an experience I care to repeat. Steve
Unfortunately the process seems to frequently require a call to customer service to initiate a charge at pretty much all the CCS network operators. On a recent trip 5 of 9 EA locations were operating at reduced power and two of those required a call to initiate a charge. I've encountered problems on EA, FPL EVolution, EVgo and ChargePoint. Don't give up, just call. That usually works.

And please don't think I'm saying the CCS networks are OK. Just because you can almost always get a charge after jumping through hoops does not give them a pass, nor the manufacturers with different communications protocols. It's an evolving mess.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve used EVGO chargers multiple times with zero problems. Except that they’re slower than EA.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I've had issues with the EVGO chargers in st pete fl. I couldn't get multiple units to initiate a charge. it seems to be an area wide issue. their maintenance seems to be poor like EA's.
if the EVs are going to take over from ICE these chargers must be reliable or people will not accept EVs
Sponsored